What's new in this version:
Adobe Animate CC 22.0.7
- Files in the network folder become hidden and the error occurs on trying to save a file opened from a shared network drive
- Eyedropper does not pick up the correct color from a group or a graphic
- Child object gets rotated on reopening the file if the parent object was rotated before parenting
Adobe Animate CC 22.0.6
- [macOS] Error opening files created in older versions of Flash Professional
- [macOS] Missing workspaces, files error after launching the application with fresh preferences after macOS 12.3.1 update
- Incorrect test movie and video output if parenting is used inside a graphic symbol with a camera on the main timeline
- Parenting structure breaks upon copy-pasting keyframes with rigging in it
- Compiler error on publishing the file with any of the actions script reserved keywords in the layer name
- Import of SVG files with an embedded PNG is failing
Adobe Animate CC 22.0.5
- Color picker doesn't work in Gradient Color Panel, Find and Replace panel
- clr and act color files exported failed to append the file extension hence unable to import such files
- Video export or Publishing takes too long and the output doesn't match with the stage if layer effects are applied inside the nested graphics
- Font Name, Font Style, Stroke Style and Width Profile dropdowns are not clickable or failed to open unless the application is relaunched
Adobe Animate CC 2021 22.0.4
- [macOS] Sound not playing in Library panel and Timeline playback on Mac OS 11 & 12
- [macOS] Application goes to non responding state when importing a h264 video or opening a file containing h264 video
- Application crashes on scrolling the font list after adding a web font
- Stroke appearances are not retained while converting it to a rigged object
Adobe Animate CC 2021 22.0.3
- Convert each to keyframes breaks the pose in the last keyframe in shape tween
- Previous keyframe objects are misplaced while using auto keyframing in a parenting setup
- Unable to move symbols in multiple layers together in a motion tween
- Unintended new keyframe is introduced when editing a symbol with the Free Transform tool in a tween span
- Playhead jumps in the Timeline panel while expanding or collapsing the Motion editor view
Adobe Animate CC 2021 22.0.2
- Leverage the modern rigging capabilities to setup rigs, add poses and tween them to create life-like animations with ease
Adobe Animate CC 2021 22.0.1
- Layer gets unparented in Auto Keyframe workflows
- Parenting in motion tween glitches if rotation is applied
- Child object moves on changing the transformation point of a parent object
- Animate crashes on publishing a file with corrupted sound
- Animate crashes on opening a file from a location that requires administrator privileges
- The code block is not shown properly in the actions panel and script documents
- Curly braces do not auto close in the Actions panel
- Autocomplete does not work in the Actions panel
- Keyboard shortcut for Find and Replace, Comment, and Uncomment Selection is not working in the Actions panel
Adobe Animate CC 2021 22.0
- Propagate the scale, skew, flip transformations now in addition to translation and rotation in parenting
- Maximum call stack size exceeded error in Chrome for long frame-by-frame animations
- [macOS] shift-Tab does not move the text back to the left after a tab is used in script documents
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.9
- Sound files other than MP3 are not getting imported in Animate
- Text become invisible for some fonts when editing it in Japanese, Chinese and Korean language
- Application crashes on quitting if it was launched by opening a file
- Some assets are not visible in Assets panel unless the application is relaunched
- [macOS] Export video/media does not launch Adobe Media Encoder 15.4
- [macOS] Overwriting a word selected by double click in code editor is not working
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.8
- The size of the object changes and the movement of the object is incorrect while moving it using arrow keys in the presence of the camera
- Frame selection/highlight is not clearly visible in the Frame Picker panel
- First and Last Frame number is not correct when converting a Movie Clip to Graphic
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.7
- Now orchestrate your animations by selecting a frame subset of a graphic symbol for looping using the first and last frame options
Paint Fills only:
- Use our enhanced paints fill option to quickly add shading to your characters
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.6
- Fixed bugs related to Paint Fills/Paint Selection brush modes
- Security bug fixes related to out of bounds read and UAF vulnerability which could lead to sensitive memory data and arbitrary code execution by opening the malicious file
- Crash during installation of Animate to a directory having Capital Cyrillic character has been fixed
- Fixed drawing related bug after performing “Convert Layers to Symbol” action
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.5
- PNGs generated out of Texture Atlas exporter JSAPI is not transparent
- Animate crashes on trying to change the first frame in Frame Picker panel inside a group
- Application crashes on adding a new layer via keyboard shortcut while renaming a layer
- Undo of Brush modes such as Paint Selection and Paint Inside is not working on Drawing objects
- Tween is getting broken in the output for object on guided layer with Camera
- [winOS] Color Set and Color Table files ignores the file extensions on exporting a color swatch
- Copy-pasting nested movieclips from one document to another doesn't function correctly
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.4
- Keyboard shortcuts for different Gap Size options are not working
- Animate color set and color table files are not recognized in Add/Replace color workflows
- Compiler error on test movie if camera API's are used and one of the layer name is "stage"
- Applying rig on objects with different orientation than the source is not getting applied correctly
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.3
- Export Image and Export Animated GIF dialog appears truncated on small displays
- A call to importPublishProfileString() jsapi after modifying the doc apis crashes Animate
- A call to addItem() jsapi to add symbol after changing the active doc crashes Animate
- Animate crashes on test movie a file with an invalid sound envelope
- Animate goes into non responding state on moving the points in the envelope editor with both left and right mouse clicks
Adobe Animate CC 2021 21.0.2
- Paint Bucket with Close Small Gaps mode leads to not responding state while using Stylus Pen to drag fill
- [macOS 11] In the Properties panel, Stroke style and width dropdown menus are distorted
- [macOS 11] Bitmap, Linear and Radial Gradient swatches look distorted
- [macOS 11] Brush Library panel appears distorted
Adobe Animate CC 2020 21.0.1
- [macOS] Application crashes on launch if one or more corrupted font is installed on the system
- Arrow keys to nudge the selection do not function as intended when in Edit Multiple Frames mode
- Keyboard shortcut to increase or decrease classic brush size does not update it live
- Dragging frames across layer folders does not work in Timeline panel
- Copy pasting objects, frames, and layers take long time in complex projects
- Animate crashes on using envelope transformation multiple times on a drawing object
- Bitmap warped object disappear upon reopening the file if it is part of a classic tween span
Adobe Animate CC 2020 21.0.0
- Use Assets panel to create cool animation with preloaded assets and customize them
- Share your animations on YouTube channel within Animate
- Publish your animation to video, animated GIF, or HTML5 canvas formats, seamlessly
Timeline and symbol enhancements:
- Customize your timeline tools and explore the new symbol options to make the most out of it
- [macOS] Brush strokes are skipped while fast sketching
- Brush lag when drawing on a zoomed-in stage
- In Windows Ink mode, Temporary tools flicker or does not work
- Matte option is disabled in Export Image and Export Animated GIF dialogs
- Stage colored fills turn transparent when Transparent GIFs are generated
- In Canvas document, Compression settings within the Bitmap properties dialog are disabled
- Animate does not respond while processing the Layer thumbnail previews in AI import dialog
- CPU usage is high when Animate is in idle state, or in the background
- While using Save as option, Auto Recovery file is not removed
- Auto-recovery is triggered during Timeline playback
- Zoom-in and zoom-out options do not function accurately in nested symbols
- Flip transform does not function accurately when both parent and child objects are selected
Adobe Animate CC 2020 20.5.1
- Viseme frame picker does not open in the Lip sync dialog
- Static text randomly publishes as dynamic text causing display issue in Canvas output
- Cannot change the color from the Color panel for text, primitive, or drawing objects
- Stream audio of lengthy timelines is out of sync in Canvas output
- While copying three or more keyframes, extra frame is created
- Eraser tool lags in Auto keyframe mode
- Art brush extension does not create a group after turning fills from stroke
Adobe Animate CC 2020 20.5
- Add keyframes automatically and switch to an effortless scene creation
- Export, import, and reuse assets to build a new animation
Quick social share:
- Now, share your animations on twitter with Animate
Hands-on tutorial creator:
- Create your own hands-on tutorials by following simple steps
Selective texture publishing:
- Enjoy faster canvas publishing and reduced output file size
- In canvas publishing, texture/spritesheets are not generated for non-default image settings
- Canvas output does not play in IE11
- Blend-modes against stage background are not honored in canvas output
- At the time of canvas publishing, mask effect generates frame by frame output and increases the JS output file size
- Export time for HTML5 Canvas is very slow
- In the preview mode, Timeline playhead stalls at random frames
- Application frame disappears momentarily while modifying workspace or switching between Home and Animate tabs
- Application crashes on quitting fl.quit() after running it for a long duration
- When moving the tween span in a Layer parenting setup, child object changes its position
- Use four digit number while naming SVG sequence export
Adobe Animate CC 2020 20.0.3
New Blend modes support in Canvas:
- Make your animation stand out with the new blend modes available in HTML5 Canvas document
Stream audio support for Canvas:
- Synchronize audio and animation easily while authoring and publishing HTML5 Canvas document
Enhanced video export:
- Now, specify the duration of the video that you want to export
Performance and stability:
- Faster canvas publishing and improved stability
- Brush stroke disappears while drawing inside a new group
- Empty trash folders are created at times while opening files
- In Properties panel, when multiple Graphic instances are selected, start frame for Loop cannot be modified
- FPS drops when the cursor hovers over timeline or stage during Timeline playback
- Skew does not function correctly when applied on a motion tween symbol
Adobe Animate CC 2020 20.0.2
- Font style field appears disabled in Catalina
- Camera and layer effects applied on the first frame are not retained in the video output
- In Tools panel, changing the Fill or Stroke color requires an additional click
Adobe Animate CC 2020 20.0.1
- Incorrect blend mode appears on bitmap while switching between nested timeline and scrubbing timeline
- In HTML5 Canvas published output, symbol instance's Name property is not set in JS
- Drawing tools draw at an offset if Animate is launched on a secondary monitor and the secondary display scale factor is different from the primary display
- In the published output, HTML5 Components appear at the beginning of timeline
- Items in Library panel do not have a compact view
- Exporting a frame to jpg/png also exports hidden layers to the image
- For multiframe timeline, HTML5 Components do not load properly in output
Adobe Animate CC 2019 19.2.1
- Change log not available for this version
Adobe Animate CC 2018 19.2
- Create performant, secure and beautiful AMP based ads directly with Animate
- Blend modes can now be applied at layer or frame level
- Incrementally save your Animate documents (FLAs and XFLs) with ease and with better performance. Reduce save time for auto-recovery mode and quickly save complicated data
- Work with multiple symbols and pin them in different Frame picker panels
- Export images with the right resolution by honoring original image settings and bypassing the optimization
- Synchronize the nib shapes and sizes for Brush and Eraser tools while sketching
- Enhanced asset warping now enables you to have better control over handles and the warp results
- Optimize your text atlas outputs. Get better control over your texture atlases with optimized output and by generating multiple bitmaps
- Retain the audio effects when you split the audio which is imported
Adobe Animate CC 2018 19.1
Pressure and Tilt support in Eraser tool:
- Pressure and Tilt options are added to Eraser tool to enhance drawing options. You can now erase with same size and precision like the Brush tool, by using the new Pressure and Tilt sensitive eraser nib.
Paint Bucket tool enhancement:
- Paint Bucket tool can now be used in continuous fill mode. The tool does live filling on the regions/contours as you drag over the shapes. You can choose to fill all the regions as you drag or, only have empty regions and specific color regions filled:
- When Fill all regions checkbox is selected - Fill color is applied over all the contours/regions that you drag over.
- When Fill all regions checkbox is unselected - Fill color is applied over empty regions or, wherever the starting color is found.
- This drag fill option allows easier and faster mechanism of coloring into shapes drawn using the brush tool.
- SVG files exported from Animate are now well organized and maintain layer hierarchy. These exported files can be imported in Character Animator for further use.
- In this release of Animate, you will find references to Adobe Fonts, which is the new name of Typekit. Adobe Fonts is included in Creative Cloud subscriptions. There are no limits on the number of fonts that can be activated at the same time and no limits on the number of monthly pageviews for web fonts.
Adobe Animate CC 2018 19.0
Powered by Adobe Sensei:
- As a character animator using Animate CC, creating lip syncing was always a time consuming effort. Now, you can match mouth poses to sound inflections automatically with Adobe Sensei powered Animate.
- Auto lip-syncing allows easier and faster method of placing appropriate mouth shapes on Timeline, based on the chosen audio layer. You can achieve this using an existing list of mouth poses, drawn within a graphic symbol and label them with corresponding visemes. When you apply auto lip-syncing on a graphic symbol, keyframes are created automatically at different positions matching with the audio visemes, after analyzing the specified audio layer. You can make any further adjustments if you want, by using regular workflows and Frame Picker.
VR authoring and publishing (Beta):
- As a 2D game developer, educationist, or web developer, you can use 2D skill set in Animate and export panorama or 360 virtual reality animations. You can use these virtual reality animations as Facebook feed, use in Microsoft Office products or in any website.
- When you want to import panorama or 360 vector graphics, animate content, and introduce interactivity at runtime, you require specific document types. Animate now introduces VR 360 and VR panorama document types which enable you to create such engaging content with ease. Also, you can use the virtual reality document type to import 3D model content (.glb files) to an Animate project and interact with VR output.
- You can click and move MovieClip instances in the Preview panel. Animate detects the objects automatically when you click and move them around. They move along a cylinder or a sphere path depending on the selected document type.
- Animate also lets you manage the virtual reality animations at runtime by using APIs. For example, you can introduce some objects in a 360 virtual reality environment when a user clicks a button.
Asset sculpting for vector and raster content:
- You can now easily deform complex vector shapes and raster shape using asset warp tool. Create animations without having to redraw assets on each frame.
- Using the warp handles that appear on the objects, you can reshape or distort specific object areas while leaving other areas intact. Users can select multiple objects using selection tool and then select asset warp tool to create warp handles on them. All the selected objects are grouped when you create the first warp handle. This asset warp tool enables you to create frame-by-frame animation and tween animations on complex shapes or bitmap images.
Texture publishing for improved performance:
- As an animator, now you can continue to author content in vector format and export as vector or raster format for HTML 5 platforms.
- Click File > Publish Settings. If Publish entire animation as a texture is enabled in Basictab, Image Settings tab shows Texture Publishing options. By default, all the symbols are included in Texture publishing. To selectively choose symbols for textures, click Change.
Layer parenting and layer effects:
- Animate allows you to parent one layer to another. Layer parenting is an easy way to allow one layer/object of your animation to control over the other layer/object. As an animation designer or a game designer, you can speed up your animation time as you can control movements of different parts of a character more easily.
- Now, you can animate between poses easily by organizing assets in parent-child layers. When an object on the parent layer moves, the child layer automatically moves along with it.
- Add tints and filters to layers, play with in and out fades, depth of field, and so on. You can make all these changes without changing objects on stage.
- You can use frame level filters to apply them for all the objects at a time in a frame. Apply filters directly on the timeline (frames) without having to place the assets or animation inside a Movie clip. Filters can be applied over all types of assets including graphic symbols and shapes, providing more flexibility.
Export to GL Transmission Format (glTF):
- As an animator, now you can export new glTF standard based animations that can run on Facebook feed and Microsoft Office suite. New WebGL-glTF standard and WebGL-glTF Extended document types have been added to the existing list of document types in Animate.
- You can use standard template which allows integration with standard glTF playback packages, supports basic interactivity and standards. The extended version enables you to create advanced animations.
- Improved integration with After Effects:
- As an Animator, you often need to create animations in Animate and import them into After Effects for post processing tasks. Now, Animate streamlines this workflow by providing a plug-in for After Effects.
- You can import Animate FLA files into After Effects to composite them with a video or render them as video with more creative effects. The layer hierarchy of Animate is maintained in After Effects. After Effects can interact with Animate using the plug-in.
New Home screen:
- Now, it is easier for animators to get started quickly with Animate. You can choose the destination for an animation using any of the intents, Animate provides you the preset formats. Choose an intent of from the tabs at the top of the screen such as Character Animation, Social, Game, Education, Ads, Web, and Advanced. Select the appropriate presets for each of the intents and click Create to start creating animations. You can view the recently used files in the left pane. Sample assets are provided at the bottom of the startup screen.
- Click Learn from the left pane to access recommended tutorials to get started with Animate.
- While working with your animations, to create new document you can use File > New. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcuts:
- Windows OS: CTRL +N.
- macOS: CMD + N.
- Paint bucket tool You can now use Paint bucket tool to click and drag across the contours of an object to fill them with a chosen color You can click and drag the tool in any direction across the contours Paint bucket tool fills the color wherever dots are captured across the contours
- Quick tween creation You can now create tweens quickly from the stage by selecting the objects Select the objects at stage, right-click, and choose one of the tween animations to create tweens quickly If the objects selected are part of multiple layers, a one-second animation is created in all the
- Support for MS Office pen Now, Microsoft surface users can get the best performance and line quality as the pen is natively supported
- You can now choose any of the four color themes for Animate. To change the theme, select Edit > Preferences. In General tab, click the drop-down list menu adjacent to User Interface and choose the appropriate theme.
- Better looking interface Animate user interface has been updated using the Spectrum framework to make it as sharp and intuitive as with other Creative Cloud products
- Exit frame sync for graphic Symbols You can synchronize graphic symbols with parent timeline while editing the symbols When you enter and leave the graphic symbols, the graphic symbols are synchronized and the frame positions are retained
- Redesigned Timeline Timeline controls has been redesigned for ease of use Some of the controls are moved to the top of the timeline Previously, the controls were placed at the bottom of the timeline
- Brush and eraser tools enhancements Improved drawing experience with Brush for preview and final Brush strokes Pressure and Tilt options and minimum brush size options are added to Brush tool The user interface for smoothing slide is redesigned for ease of use in Eraser tool
Swatches panel enhancement:
- You can expand the swatches panel without affecting its order of colors alignment. When you drag the panel, it increases the size of the swatches as shown below in the second screenshot. If you further drag it, the swatches panel is distributed across multiple columns as shown in the third screenshot below.