QBasic 1.1 LATEST
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
QBasic for Mac 2021 full offline installer setup for Mac
It can be accessed via DOS operating system, but it can also be run from inside the DOS emulator on modern Mac systems. The program should not be confused with a full software package of QuickBasic. One of the main differences between the app and the more capable package Quick Basic is that the app lacks a compiler and therefore, lacks the functionality in creating executable (EXE) files. QBasic programs can only be run from inside its built-in interpreter, and an overall command set of Q Basic for Mac is smaller than those of QuickBasic.
Features and Highlights
- On-the-fly code syntax evaluation – One of the core advantages that makes Q Basic as intuitive and easy to use by beginners is its core feature of real-time typing evaluation. It will monitor your typing and check if you have entered the proper extensions and common mistakes such as notifying the users about the single missing comma. For novices, this saves an incredible amount of time and enables them to more easily spot their most common errors, and it can also help seasoned professionals to more easily manage larger software projects.
- DOS execution – It can be run on older computer configurations that natively run DOS operating system, but it is also accessible on more modern Mac OS systems. Users on such systems are required to install and use some of the available DOS emulators (such as DOSBox).
- Easy to Install and Use – It comes in easy to install portable package, enabling you to unpack it and store it on any of your local drives or portable sticks. It does not interact with the OS registry.
- Simple interface – The program a simple DOS character-based UI that presents to users only basic drop menu options such as Editing a project, searching for a specific entry, debugging, and few others. The entire UI can be controlled via a keyboard, but the mouse accessory is also fully supported. Debug menu offers users access to tools such as Step, Procedure Step, Tracing, Breakpoints, and more. Syntax Checking options can be turned on or off depending on the user preferences.
- Easy programming for beginners – It is an excellent starting point for novice programmers. Its programming language borrows several elements from C and can provide excellent training for the eventual switch to the more popular C/C++ languages that demand more attention to details and provide much larger command sets.
Also Available: Download QBasic for Windows