KisMAC 0.3.4 Beta LATEST
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
KisMAC for Mac 2022 full offline installer setup for Mac
Note: KisMAC WiFi scanner is no longer being updated or maintained! You can download an alternative WiFi scanner app NetSpot for macOS.
Discover WiFi networks around you
Detect and analyze the surrounding wireless networks, even those that are hidden or closed.
See who’s logged on to your WiFi
Know who exactly is using your wireless network: clients’ MAC addresses, IP addresses, and signal strength.
Detect WiFi security breaches
The software helps you identify any possible security breaches of your network and decide what needs improvement.
Use a WiFi scanner
A WiFi scanner app like KisMac for macOS allows you to find all kind of WiFi networks around you including hidden, cloaked, and closed ones. Check the name of WiFi network, MAC address, WiFi encryption, channel, and signal level.
Use a WiFi sniffer
A WiFi sniffer software is aimed to help you analyze network problems, detect possible network intrusions. Such an app can monitor and analyze network utilization (including internal and external clients).
Use a WiFi security tool
Even nowadays WiFi breaches can still happen due to policy, configuration, or simply some coding mistakes. Consistent surveillance and regular WiFi assessments are crucial for detecting wireless environment vulnerabilities.
Create your perfect WiFi network
If you are in search of tools that can help you build a perfect wireless network environment, take a look at such WiFi heatmapper as NetSpot. NetSpot is a professional app for Mac (that can be used by advanced home users too).
Features and Highlights
- Detects and shows hidden / cloaked / closed SSIDs
- Lists users logged on the network (MAC Address, IP address, signal strength)
- Supports mapping and GPS
- Can sketch a map of network coverage
- PCAP import and export
- Supports 802.11b/g frequency
- Different attacks against encrypted networks
- Deauthentication attacks
- Kis MAC for Mac is considered to be AppleScript-able
- Supports Kismet drone captures
Supported hardware chipsets
- Ralink rt2570 and rt73 USB devices
- Apple AirPort and AirPort Extreme (dependent upon Apple’s drivers)
- Intersil Prism 2, 2.5, 3 USB devices
- Realtek RTL8187L USB (such as the Alfa AWUS036H, which does not work on Mac OS 10.6.7 or later)