WiFi Explorer 3.5 LATEST
macOS 10.14 Mojave or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Note: Instead of buying a license for this app, at Setapp you could get access to this one plus another 230+ commonly used macOS apps for only $9.99/month. CLICK HERE to download and install all the apps you need for a single monthly price!
Information includes network name (SSID), BSSID, vendor, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, and much more. It supports 802.11b/g/n networks in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, as well as 802.11a/n/ac in the 5 GHz frequency band.
Features and Highlights
- Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
- Graphical visualization of the wifi environment
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
- Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
- Signal quality estimations based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
- Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
- Device name discovery of access points (if available)
- Selectable and sortable columns
- Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
- Editable column for labels or annotations
- Save results for later review and analysis
- Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
- Full screen mode
- Comprehensive help
- Runs in macOS 10.7 or higher (requires a built-in Wi-Fi adapter)
Note: 3 days trial version. Requires 64-bit processor.