What's new in this version:
- 2.28 bug: Shadow buffer crashed with odd sizes (Not multiples of 16)
- fixed stringlength for texture plugin path button, max 160 chars now.
- BUG #500: extreme wide spotbundles (>170 degr) didn't render correctly.
- BUG #492: while rotating with middlemouse, the X11 system was flooded, causing a hickup
- Dashed line displays again (OSX, Nvidia systems) while rotating around cursor
- On popular request, the "Sync" button (correct realtime synchronization (framedrop) in ALT-A and) off by default.
- The "extrude" operation now automatically sets newly created faces "smooth", when any of the faces attached to any of the edges that have been extruded were "smooth"
- Many tooltips in Blender were rewritten
- BUG #448: 'only shadow' lamps won't give light anymore when rendering without shadows.