Winbox 3.21 LATEST
macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
WinBox for Mac 2021 full offline installer setup for Mac
It supports IPv6 connectivity. To connect to the routers IPv6 address, it must be placed in square braces the same as in web browsers when connecting to IPv6 server. Winbox for macOS neighbor discovery is now capable of discovering IPv6 enabled routers. As you can see from the image below, there are two entries for each IPv6 enabled router, one entry is with IPv4 address and another one with IPv6 link-local address.
It has MDI interface meaning that all menu configuration (child) widows are attached to main (parent) Winbox window and are showed in work area. By default the app shows most commonly used parameters. However sometimes it is needed to see another parameters, for example "BGP AS Path" or other BGP attributes to monitor if routes are selected properly. It is possible to upload and download files to/from router using win box drag & drop functionality. You can also download file by pressing right mouse button on it and selecting "Download".
It can be used as a tool to monitor traffic of every interface, queue or firewall rule in real-time. Screenshot below shows ethernet traffic monitoring graphs.
Features and Highlights
- Winbox.exe is signed with an Extended Validation certificate, issued by SIA Mikrotīkls (MikroTik).
- WinBox uses ECSRP for key exchange and authentication (requires new winbox version).
- Both sides verify that other side knows password (no man in the middle attack is possible).
- Winbox in RoMON mode requires that agent is the latest version to be able to connect to latest version routers.
- Winbox uses AES128-CBC-SHA as encryption algorithm (requires winbox version 3.14 or above).
Winbox cannot connect to the router's IP address?
Make sure that Mac firewall is set to allow connections or disable windows firewall.
I get an error '(port 20561) timed out' when connecting to routers mac address
Windows (7/8) does not allow mac connection if file and print sharing is disabled.
Note: Requires MikroTik router.
Also Available: Download WinBox for Windows