PlayOnMac 4.4.4 LATEST
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Installation and Use
Since the PlayOnMac requires the use of highly-capable, optimized and reliable virtualization software, it comes in a fairly substantial installation package that is larger than 150MB. Once installed (by simply dragging and dropping it into your Application folder) you can take full control over the emulated windows environment powered by Wine. It supports emulation of the wide array of Windows OS software arranged in several popular categories (including various system utility categories, productivity apps, audio/video software, educational software, and of course a very wide array of gaming titles), but the developers of the app strongly suggest that you visit the official Wine website where you can learn more about compatible software. It is important to note that PlayOnMac will enable emulated software to link with your current internet connection, giving you the opportunity to enjoy online multiplayer modes in all of its supported gaming titles (including supported MMO games).
The user interface of Play On Mac is simple to use on its surface, but it supports a wide array of customization options if you enter into its menus. The main screen features the list of the installed software (by default it comes with a free version of Microsoft Spider Solitare card game), main tools for controlling emulation of software (Run, Close, Install, Remove and Configure) and action bar that you can use to manage emulated software.
The main Configuration screen offers separate settings for each installed software package, with tabs such as General, Wine, Install Components, Display and Miscellaneous. Components section is a very useful addition, enabling you to in just a few clicks install many useful components of the Windows OS (such as DirectX packages and others) that are crucial for running of video games.
Highlights and Features
- Fast and reliable Windows OS emulation for macOS users.
- Broad compatibility with a wide array of Windows video games.
- Full support for 3D rendering and networking features.
- Take advantage of Windows productivity apps on Mac.
- Easily browse and manage the list of installed Windows software.
- Optimized for use by novices.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Intel only)
- 100% Free!
PlayOnMac 4.4.4 Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 105.0 Build 4970.29
- MalwarebytesMalwarebytes 4.21.9
- iTop VPNiTop VPN 2.9.5 - Fast, Safe & Secure
- MacKeeperMacKeeper 6.3.1
- Total AVTotal AV - Antivirus Pro 2023
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals
- ParallelsParallels Desktop 19.1
- TradingViewTradingView - Track All Markets
- CleanMyMacCleanMyMac X 4.14.5
- FilmoraWondershare Filmora 12.4.3