OpenVPN 2.5.7 LATEST
Mac OS X 10.8 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
OpenVPN for Mac 2022 full offline installer setup for Mac
This downloads the source code. Please download OpenVPN Connect if you need a working OpenVPN GUI client.
By default, the app can distribute your data traffic across many of its servers, making your online location masked and unrecognizable to Internet Service Providers and the rest of the internet in general. In addition to that, It also comes with the large offering of customization tools that can be used for setting up remote access privileges, site-to-site VPNs, enterprise-scale remote access, adaptive load-balancing, advanced Wi-Fi security, failover services, fine-grained user access control, and much more.
Presence of both automated VPN services and advanced tools have made OpenVPN for macOS into #1 secure browsing software of choice for both regular users, organizations of all sizes and many Fortune 500 companies.
Installation and Use
It comes in a small package that will after installation re-configure the way your computer is accessing the internet. The configuration window of this app is actually very lightweight, and it holds only the most basic of tools for setting the type of your VPN setting (config file, system proxy settings or manual configuration) and a dropdown menu for selecting user interface language (with over 15 available translations).
Originally built for use in enterprise environments, the personal tier of OpenVPN retains the highly advanced technologies and lightweight tools. The core security feature of OpenVPN is based upon OSI layer 2 or 3 secure network extension that is utilizing SSL/TLS protocols. It installs deep into the Windows OS, enabling all the user apps to take advantage of the security features, firewall rules, authentication certificates, and more.
In real-world, ordinary non-business users can encounter various roadblocks that can prevent them from taking full advantage of their home internet connection. This may include ISP data rate throttling, website content region blocking, or even government-imposed firewalls. It allows users to circumvent these issues, offering you stable and secure data stream to their servers, from which you will be re-routed to any major region in the world, and be able to access its “local” content. No matter if you want to simply access region-specific sites and services (such as streaming platforms content offering) or to read censored news outlets, It can allow you to do that in just a few clicks.
Another benefit of Open VPN is a unified virtual presence. No matter where you physically are, if you are using Open VPN, the rest of the internet will be able to detect you originating from a single region.
Features and Highlights
- Core – With over 50 million downloads, the core technology of Open VPN has proven to be one of the leaders in the field of VPN security.
- Advanced AES encryption – It encrypts all outgoing and incoming internet data with the world’s leading standard for encryption.
- Fortified privacy – Effortlessly protect your personal and online identity by location spoofing your IP address.
- Wireless hot spot protection – Prevent unauthorized access to your data while connecting to public and unsecured Wi-Fi sports.
- Travel protection – Mask your online location no matter where you are.
- Worldwide server connection – Gain access and establish your virtual presence at servers that are in 12 regions around the world.
- Unrestricted access – Access OpenVPN servers from any location in the world.
- 24/7 support – Gain access to support 24/7 via email or live web chat.
- Full Windows compatibility – Available on all modern versions of Windows, ranging from Windows 2003 to Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
Also Available: Download OpenVPN for Windows