Lazarus 2.2.6 LATEST
macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
User RatingClick to vote
Author / Product
Lazarus for macOS is the part of the missing puzzle that will allow you to develop Delphi like programs in all of the above platforms. Unlike Java which strives to be a write-once run anywhere, Lazarus for Mac and Free Pascal strives to write once compile anywhere. Since the exact same compiler is available on all of the above platforms it means you don't need to do any recoding to produce identical products for different platforms.
The app is being developed to be totally and completely API independent. Once you write your code you just link it against the API widget set of your choice. If you want to use GTK+, great! If you want it to be Gnome compliant, great! As long as the interface code for the widget set you want to use is available you can link to it. If it isn't available, well you can write it.
- The installer, with all required files available
- Easy Drag & Drop Form designer to create powerful layouts
- Automatic synchronization between GUI-Forms and code
- Powerful code editor with syntax highlighting and code completion
- Navigate pascal source code
- Refactoring tools
- Integrated build system and debugger. Run, test and debug your projects from the IDE
- Open Source. You can add or modify existing code and components to meet your requirements
- Package system allows installing 3rd party add ons for more components or to extend the IDE
- Several database frameworks to meet your requirements
- Reporting and Charting
- A choice of Networking libraries available.
- Utf8 and i18n support. Translate your projects.
- Many more components. Build-in and for download
If the code is standard Delphi pascal and it uses the standard components found in Delphi then the answer is yes. If it uses some specific database, OCX, or DCU then the answer would be no. These items are specific to Windows and would only work on and within Windows. However, if you are only looking to create a Windows product using Free Pascal and the app then the answer would be yes. This hasn't been added to the LCL yet but it should be possible in the future.
The FCL (Free Pascal Component Libraries) and the LCL (which will eventually become part of the FCL) are licensed under a modified LGPL. In a nutshell, this means that you can write your own proprietary software that just links to these libraries. You can sell your application without the need to supply or make available your code. However, as with the compiler if you make modifications to the FCL or LCL you must make those changes available to the general public and the world.
Features and Highlights
It runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, and many other platforms. Even on Raspberry Pi! The programs you create also runs on these platforms. Enjoy the same experience on your favorite OS. See Installing app for OS-specific instructions for installation.
The program is a capable IDE for handling large projects. Its compiler FPC is being constantly developed to improve performance. As an example for the project size the IDE can handle, and the performance of the resulting application: The IDE itself is developed using the tool.
Drag and Drop Form Designer
It has a graphical form designer with guidelines for aligning with adjacent components. There are numerous components for almost every software imaginable, already ready to be used. Further components can be added to the IDE by Package Files (LPKs).
The app form designer uses LCL (Lazarus Component Library) which is specially designed for cross-platform usage. Building your project for different platforms will give you a native look and feel on each platform. There are no changes to the project needed.
Modern, Object-oriented language
It uses Free Pascal as its language which is an Object Pascal dialect. It is constantly developed to integrate new features that can be expected in modern programming languages.
Hundreds of developers are developing and maintaining their Libraries and Packages (LPKs). You can find almost any kind of library that you may need.
Also Available: Download Lazarus for Windows
Lazarus 2.2.6 Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 107.0 Build 5045.36
- PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop CC 2024 25.5
- PrivadoVPNPrivadoVPN 3.8.11
- ReiBootTenorshare ReiBoot iOS for Mac 9.4.3
- Adobe AcrobatAdobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20555
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals
- ParallelsParallels Desktop 19.2.1
- TradingViewTradingView - Track All Markets
- CleanMyMacCleanMyMac X 4.15.0
- 4DDiG4DDiG Mac Data Recovery 3.4.2