FreeMind 1.1.0 Beta 2 LATEST
Mac OS X
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
FreeMind for Mac 2019 full offline installer setup for Mac
Current users of FreeMind use it for the following purposes:
- Keeping track of projects, including subtasks, state of subtasks and time recording.
- Project workplace, including links to necessary files, executables, source of information and of course information.
- Workplace for internet research using Google and other sources.
- Keeping a collection of small or middle sized notes with links on some area which expands as needed. Such a collection of notes is sometimes called knowledge base.
- Essay writing and brainstorming, using colors to show which essays are open, completed, not yet started etc, using size of nodes to indicate size of essays. I don't have one map for one essay, I have one map for all essays. I move parts of some essays to others when it seems appropriate.
- Keeping a small database of something with structure that is either very dynamic or not known in advance. The main disadvantage of such an approach when compared to traditional database applications are poor query possibilities, but I use it that way anyway - contacts, recipes, medical records, etc. You learn about the structure from the additional data items you enter. For example, different medical records use different structure and you do not have to analyze all the possible structures before you enter the first medical record.
- Commented internet favorites or bookmarks, with colors and fonts having the meaning you want.