macOS 10.14 Mojave or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
MS Word, OpenOffice, etc. try to be all things to all people, but sometimes you just want the right tool for the job. That is Bean's niche.
The app has some limitations: it doesn't do footnotes or use stylesheets and is only partially compatible with Word's file formats. Also, it allows in-line graphics, but not floating graphics.
Features and Highlights
- Live word count
- Make template documents with boilerplate text
- Free-form headers and footers
- Page layout view (optional 2-up)
- Alternate colors option (e.g., white text on blue)
- Split-window editing
- Full screen editing
- Date-stamped backups
- Selection of text by text style, paragraph style, color, etc.
- Find panel allows regular expressions (pattern matching)
- All of Cocoa's good stuff (dictionary, word completion, etc.)
Note: Requires 64-bit processor.