Mac OS X 10.11 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
- Import your own data from an Excel® spreadsheet (.xls) or XML
- Create diagrams with ease via an intuitive user interface
- Automatically arrange your diagram elements
- Export bitmap and vector graphics as PNG, JPG, SVG, PDF, SWF
yEd Graph Editor for macOS supports a wide variety of diagram types. In addition to the illustrated types, yEd also supports organization charts, mind maps, swimlane diagrams, Entity Relationship diagrams, and many more.
Features and Highlights
- Interactive Hierarchical Layout can be used to interactively layout hierarchical or pseudo-hierarchical scenarios.
- Hierarchical Layout can be used to perfectly visualize hierarchical or pseudo-hierarchical scenarios.
- Orthogonal Layout produces clear representations of complex networks.
- Organic Layout and Smart Organic Layout produce clear representations of complex diagrams like ER-diagrams, UML diagrams, and many more.
- Organic Edge Router reroutes edges in existing drawings organically.
- Orthogonal Edge Router can reroute edges in existing drawings orthogonally.
- Circular Layout portrays interconnected ring and star topologies perfectly.
- Tree Layout can be used to visualize tree-like structures in many different ways.
- The tree layout algorithms can also be used on graphs that are almost like trees.
- a customizable workplace lets you arrange your tool windows to your needs
- table-like property editors allow you to configure the graphical properties easily
- Internationalization: yEd has been localized in English, German, and partially in Japanese
- a sophisticated print preview allows you to preview the printing results (especially useful for poster-printing)
- Session Management: yEd Graph Editor app remembers and manages your settings
- Undoability support
- Clipboard facility
- Keyboard shortcuts for most of the functions
- Integrated help system
- Full support for the YGF file format. The native file format.
- Full support for the XML-based GraphML file format.
- Full support for the GML graph file format. GML is a popular text-based graph file format.
- Full support for the XML-based GML graph file format. This is a variant of the GML language that uses XML syntax.
- Import of arbitrary XML files. An XSLT stylesheet must be given that transforms the XML input into a valid GraphML. Predefined stylesheets for Ant build scripts, the OWL Web ontology language, and others are included.
- Export to the SVG vector graphics file format.
- Export to the Windows Meta File (WMF) file format. A vector graphics format used in almost any Windows application.
- Export to JPG and GIF file formats. Export large images as multiple images and HTML tables also supported!
- Export to BMP (on Windows machines) and PNG file formats.
Also Available: Download yEd for Windows