Mac OS X 10.11 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
With over 15 years of development under the hood, UVI for Mac is a tested, proven, and trusted industry staple. Focused on creating an even more optimized workflow by bringing in a new UI design, Favorites tagging, and UI scaling to adapt to all user screens.
UVI Workstation for macOS is fully compatible with all UVI and UVI-Powered instruments from a growing list of companies such as Acousticsamples, VI Labs, and Virharmonic. From vintage synths, samplers, and drum machines to immaculate grand pianos, choirs, and orchestras, The Workstation is your gateway into some of the world's most sophisticated and best-sounding instruments.
Crafted for efficient and intuitive operation, It has been built to offer clarity and ease-of-use. Carefully thought out and tested for usability, controls are logically arranged and ergonomically designed.
The effect system in the program is extensive, offering a full suite of dynamics, delays, distortions, EQs, filters, and reverbs. UVI effects are of the highest quality, offering sounds that range from modern and transparent to warm and textured. With unlimited effects per-part, two aux channels, and a master, you can freely shape or mangle your sound in any way imaginable.
An advanced variation of the classic synthesizer effect modifies incoming notes and plays them back in programmable patterns. Includes up to 128 steps of variable pitch, velocity, and step length modulation, 26 playback modes, resolution from 1/64 tri to 32x, and dozens of preset factory shapes.
Use as many parts as your system can handle. Built-in browser and search functions make it painless to locate the sound or instrument you're looking for, then tag them as Favorites to recall them later. From setups as basic as a single synth to complex orchestral arrangements, UVI Workstations' sophisticated architecture can handle them with ease. Even arrange parts by Keyswitches or limit their range to certain sections of your MIDI keyboard.
It offers a clear and efficient mixing interface, giving you immediate access to core functions like solo, mute, volume, and pan as well as 2 aux sends and pitch control per-part. Explore the rich potential of layered sounds or mix complex arrangements with ease.
Tested and Certified in Digital Performer 8+, Pro Tools 11+, Logic 9+, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8+, Studio One 2+, Garage Band 6, Maschine 1 & 2, Tracktion 4+, Vienna Ensemble 5, Reaper 4+, Sonar X3, Main Stage 3, MuLab 5.5+, FL Studio, Bitwig 1+, Reason 9.5+
Supported File Formats: Soundbanks (.ufs), AIFF, FLAC, MP3, MP4 (with QuickTime installed on Windows for MP3/MP4), REX1, REX2, SDII (on Mac), WAV, WAV64, SND, CAF. Supported Plugins: Audio Units, AAX, VST, Stand-alone.
Features and Highlights
- Single-mode for loading UVI sounds and instruments
- Multi-mode including unlimited parts and convenient mixing environment with meters, mute, solo, volume, pan, performance settings (key switches, range), and separate outputs
- Smart integrated browser with Search/Favorites to quickly find what you’re looking for
- Scalable UI adapts to different monitor sizes
- Powerful and extremely flexible Arpeggiator
- Expandable with all UVI-Powered instruments
- Manage instruments and loops in the same interface
- A comprehensive suite of professional FX can be infinitely stacked and combined with easily editable parameters (delay, reverb, phaser, chorus, EQ, filter, drive, distortion, compressor...)
- Real-time time-stretch and slice algorithm with real-time beat syncing: loops are always in time
- Drag & drop MIDI & audio
- Import user REX files, Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, ...
- MIDI learn & 128 user assignable Host automations
Also Available: Download UVI Workstation for Windows