Soundflower 2.0 Beta 2 LATEST
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
It was designed to be a no-nonsense and straightforward, which makes it usable not only by seasoned audio professionals but also novices who just want to re-route audio signal from one app to another. It comes in the form of the easy-to-use status bar app that you can use to configure audio settings and prepare audio feeds to be sent to specific devices and apps. For example, you can send your music player audio feed to another app that expects to record audio from your microphone input. By default, Soundflower creates a virtual 2-channel and 64-channel devices that can be4 used as default input or output devices in various applications.
The entire process of emulating virtual audio devices can easily run even on older or weaker Mac configurations, ensuring that your other apps will run without any issues.
Installation and Use
While the Soundflower for macOS comes in an extremely small package (smaller than 100kb), its installation requires just a little bit more involvement than with regular Mac apps since the installer is not signed. You are required to hold the control key while installing, and after that, the fully signed app will be activated on your system.
Soundflower app is accessible directly from your status bar, with a dropdown window that holds numerous configuration settings for the emulated 2ch and 64ch devices. For each device you can set their buffer sizes (64-2048), routing for each channel and set audio cloning properties. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, you can also access Audio Setup window that will showcase a standalone window with configuration tabs for your physical audio components (Built-in Microphone, Built-in-Input, Built-in Output) and Sound flower’s emulated audio devices (2ch and 64ch). Each of the audio channels can have its own volume level, specific dB change, or it can be fully muted. Audio format for each detected device can also be changed with a simple dropdown menu selector.
Initial development and maintenance of Soundflower was done by Cycling '74. In 2014, Cycling '74 passed stewardship of Soundflower to Rogue Amoeba.
Features and Highlights
- Create a virtual audio device for re-routing of your audio channels.
- Simply share audio feeds from one app to another.
- Re-route audio from music player to audio editors without the need for external hardware.
- Support for 2ch and 64ch virtual audio devices.
- Lightweight and unobtrusive.
- Fully customizable.
- Created in an open source environment.
- 100% Free!
Soundflower 2.0 Beta 2 Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 105.0 Build 4970.34
- MalwarebytesMalwarebytes 4.21.9
- iTop VPNiTop VPN 2.9.5 - Fast, Safe & Secure
- MacKeeperMacKeeper 6.3.1
- Total AVTotal AV - Antivirus Pro 2023
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals
- ParallelsParallels Desktop 19.1
- TradingViewTradingView - Track All Markets
- CleanMyMacCleanMyMac X 4.14.5
- FilmoraWondershare Filmora 12.4.3