Mac OS X 10.7 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
While many other apps focused their development to support every single feature known to man, even those that will never be used and will only cause those apps to boot and work slowly, Skim for Mac is totally focused on being lightning fast, streamlined and able to satisfy users who want to easily read PDF documents and make notations on them. In addition to that core ability, the app, of course, supports many other necessary services such as text highlighting, preview of internal links, full screen rendering, bookmarks, remote control support (perfect for making presentations using PDF files), and much more.
The interface of Skim for macOS is streamlined, with tools arranged around PDV viewing area for page navigation, Zoom levels, Tool modes (text selector, hand tool, area select) and Add Note section that supports all possible ways of note taking and highlighting that users will ever need. The visual style of the tool and app services can be precisely tweaked in Configuration window that is separated in four main sections – General tweaks, Display, Notes and Sync options. If you are in school or in work, the app is definitely a must own peace of software for you.
Features and Highlights
- Viewing PDFs.
- Adding and editing notes.
- Highlighting the important text.
- Making 'snapshots for easy reference.
- Navigation using the table of contents or thumbnails.
- View all your notes and highlights.
- Convenient reading in full screen.
- Giving powerful presentations.
- Handy preview of internal links.
- Focus using a reading bar.
- Magnification tool.
- Extensive AppleScript support.
- Support for Apple Remote Control.
- Interaction with LaTeX and PDFSync.
- Spotlight support.
- Highly customizable.