Hola Free VPN 2.79 LATEST
macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
User RatingClick to vote
Author / Product
The app is focused on full peer-to-peer VPN offering, where every user of Hola receives free VPN access, but they also contribute their idle resources to help all other users to gain access for routing their data transfer through your peer point. This approach manages to introduce a whole new specter of anonymization and security, preventing websites or government blocking services to isolate the specific large servers used by VPN companies, and allowing you to piggyback on thousands of idle peer points of random users all around the world.
While the VPN is accessible only through this Peer-to-Peer VPN service, those users seeking access to more reliable and faster service can subscribe to a premium Plus tier of use that introduces numerous fixed servers located all around the world, or even more flexible Residential Proxy Service which is built for companies and organizations of all sizes.
In addition to Chrome browser, and other popular Mac browsers, Hola Free VPN can be accessed via a wide range of other devices, including iOS/Android phones and tablets, home consoles, routers, and smart TVs.
Installation and Use
It requires less than 3 MB of free space on your macOS, and therefore it can be downloaded in seconds by simply clicking on “Add to Chrome” on its Chrome Web Store listing. Once installed, the procedure for using this VPN is extremely simple. Simply locate the Holla icon in your browser toolbar on the right of your address bar and click on the Hola icon. By clicking on it you will access a pop-up window with a simple country selection tool. And that’s it. There are no additional options, no per-site customization, no detection of ads, tracking services, or other advanced features.
Please be aware that developers of the VPN have noted that not all websites will be reliably accessible via a free tier of their offering. Also, since this service is reliant on idle resources of users from your selected country, you are not guaranteed that transfer speed and response times to websites of your choice will be satisfactory. This is most noticeable with video streaming websites such as YouTube and Netflix. For free users, it is recommended that they use Hola Premium VPN for websites that don’t require large bandwidths and fast response times.
Additionally, by downloading and using the VPN app, you are agreeing to share your idle resources with the rest of the Hola VPN community, so plan accordingly for idle periods where your internet connection will be in use by this app.
Features and Highlights
- One of the most popular free VPN app for the Mac Chrome browser.
- 100% free access to VPN services.
- Unique Peer-to-Peer approach that reroutes your internet data through the internet connections of other Hola users.
- Share your own idle Internet resources with the rest of the Hola community.
- Access more reliable and high-bandwidth services with the Premium Plus subscription.
- Available for Chrome browser, other browser brands, portable smart devices, routers, home consoles, and smart TVs.
- Available in 47 languages.
- OperaOpera 107.0 Build 5045.36
- PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop CC 2024 25.5
- PrivadoVPNPrivadoVPN 3.8.11
- ReiBootTenorshare ReiBoot iOS for Mac 9.4.3
- Adobe AcrobatAdobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20555
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals
- ParallelsParallels Desktop 19.2.1
- TradingViewTradingView - Track All Markets
- CleanMyMacCleanMyMac X 4.15.0
- 4DDiG4DDiG Mac Data Recovery 3.4.2