Google Input Tools 10.0.0.4 LATEST
Mac OS X
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Google Input Tools for Mac 2020 full offline installer setup for Mac
But that is not where the usefulness of Google Input Tools ends. In addition of providing one-click access to virtual keyboards and all the special characters from over 90 languages, this extension also provides seamless service of either full IMEs or direct translation for over 30 scripts, and even support for detecting handwriting in over 40 languages.
Installation and Use
To install Google Input Tools for macOS, all you need to do is to install it in your Google Chrome for Mac (or supported Chromium) browser and to have an active Google Account. After a very brief installation, the extension will create a new icon in the interface of the browser. By clicking on it you can access a control drop-down menu with simple tools for language switching, extensions options and keyboard shortcut settings. To select your desired languages and make them easily accessible via a dropdown menu, all you need to do is to go to Extensions Options area and drag&drop desired languages into the “Select Input Tools” area.
In addition to visual tools, the app also features a wide array of keyboard shortcuts that can help you more easily switch between languages and activate specific keyboard modes. It is very important to note that this Chrome extension will not function in the URL address bar on the top of the browser app. It is usable only in text fields inside the web pages or online documents.
In order to use virtual keyboards, you can use one of the three available methods:
- Just type the text using your keyboard, with or without the presence of the on-screen virtual keyboard.
- Also, you can type the text and rely on the automatic word recommendation that will be offered by the Google InputTools extension. Depending on the position of the cursor during the typing, you can get either one or several recommendations, and by pressing the button TAB you can accept the top-ranked recommendation. Since you don’t have to type entire words, this approach can save you a lot of time.
- Finally, you can use a pencil tool to draw letters on the screen inside a resizable writing window, and the app will try to recognize and type it as fast as possible.
Features and Highlights
- Switch between 90 virtual keyboards directly in your Chrome Browser.
- Take advantage from IMEs and Direct Translation of over 30 types of scripts.
- Handwriting support for over 40 languages.
- Available both online and offline.
- A personalized dictionary that will adapt to your custom or uncommon words.
- 100% Free