Mac OS X 10.9 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Features and Highlights
Extremely efficient paradigm for designing games
- Visual editor, full of mature tools.
- Uncluttered UI, with context-sensitive editors.
- Amazing scene system, supporting instancing and inheritance.
- Friendly content creation interfaces for artists, level designers, animators, …
- Visual shader editing for 2D and 3D.
- Persistent live editing (changes are not lost after stopping the game). Live to edit on mobile devices!
Create any kind of complex 2D games
- Fully dedicated 2D engine, no hacks.
- Work in pixels as your units, but scale to any screen size and ratio.
- Custom 2D physics engine that works in pixel coordinates.
- Flexible kinematic controller for collision without physics.
- Blit 3D models as sprites into 2D.
Create great-looking 3D games
- Import 3D models from 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, and more with full animation.
- Skeleton deforms and blend shapes.
- Several light types, with shadow mapping.
- Render with HDR, anti-aliasing and linear color modes.
- Post-process fog, glow, bloom, color adjustment, …
- Support for Physically-Based Rendering planned for the end of 2016.
Most flexible animation system for games
- Animate 2D or 3D. Visual animation editor with the timeline.
- Frame-based or cut-out animation for sprites and rigs.
- Any property of any object can be animated, even function calls.
- Use custom transition curves and tweens.
- Helpers to animate 2D rigs, with skeletons and IK.
- Efficient optimizer to pack imported 3D animations.
- Animation Tree support for fluid character animation.
Add behaviors to objects with built-in scripting
- Python-like scripting language, designed to make games with zero hassle.
- Built-in editor with syntax highlighting, real-time parser and code completion.
- Powerful integrated debugger and profilers. It can debug a game running on mobile devices.
- Integrated class documentation browser.
- Friendly C++ API to optimize parts of the game or extend any part of the engine.
Deploy games everywhere!
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS
- Desktop platforms: Windows, OS X, Linux, *BSD, Haiku
- Web Platforms: HTML5 (via Emscripten)
- One-click deploy & export to most platforms. Easy to create custom builds too.
Also Available: Download Godot Engine for Windows