What's new in this version:
- The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
- The RELOAD dissector could go into an infinite loop. Discovered by Evan Jensen. (Bug 8364, (Bug 8546) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
The GTPv2 dissector could crash. (Bug 8493) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
- The ASN.1 BER dissector could crash. (Bug 8599) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6, 1.6.0 to 1.6.14.
- The PPP CCP dissector could crash. (Bug 8638) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
- The DCP ETSI dissector could crash. Discovered by Evan Jensen. (Bug 8231, bug 8540, bug 8541) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
- The MPEG DSM-CC dissector could crash. (Bug 8481) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
- The Websocket dissector could crash. Discovered by Moshe Kaplan. (Bug 8448, Bug 8499) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
- The MySQL dissector could go into an infinite loop. Discovered by Moshe Kaplan. (Bug 8458) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
- The ETCH dissector could go into a large loop. Discovered by Moshe Kaplan. (Bug 8464) Versions affected: 1.8.0 to 1.8.6.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- The Windows installer and uninstaller does a better job of detecting running executables.
- Library mismatch when compiling on a system with an older Wireshark version. (Bug 6011)
- SNMP dissector bug: STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO. (Bug 7359)
- A console window is never opened. (Bug 7755)
- GSM_MAP show malformed Packets when two IMSI. (Bug 7882)
- Fix include and libs search path when cross compiling. (Bug 7926)
- PER dissector crash. (Bug 8197)
- pcap-ng: name resolution block is not written to file on save. (Bug 8317)
- Incorrect RTP statistics (Lost Packets indication not ok). (Bug 8321)
- Decoding of GSM MAP E164 Digits. (Bug 8450)
- Silent installer and uninstaller not silent. (Bug 8451)
- Replace use of INCLUDES with AM_CPPFLAGS in all Makefiles to placate recent autotools. (Bug 8452)
- Wifi details are not stored in the Decryption Key Management dialog (post 1.8.x). (Bug 8446)
- IO Graph should not be limited to 100k points (NUM_IO_ITEMS). (Bug 8460)
- geographical_description: hf_gsm_a_geo_loc_deg_of_long 24 bit field truncated to 23 bits. (Bug 8532)
- IRC message with multiple params causes malformed packet exception. (Bug 8548)
- Part of Ping Reply Message in ICMPv6 Reply Message is marked as "Malformed Packet". (Bug 8554)
- MP2T wiretap heuristic overriding ERF. (Bug 8556)
- Cannot read content of Ran Information Application Error Rim Container. (Bug 8559)
- Endian error and IP:Port error when decoding BT-DHT response message. (Bug 8572)
- "ACE4_ADD_FILE/ACE4_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY" should be "ACE4_APPEND_DATA / ACE4_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY". (Bug 8575)
- wireshark crashes while displaying I/O Graph. (Bug 8583)
- GTPv2 MM Context (UMTS Key, Quad, and Quint Decoded) incorrectly. (Bug 8596)
- DTLS 1.2 uses wrong PRF. (Bug 8608)
- RTP DTMF digits are no longer displayed in VoIP graph analysis. (Bug 8610)
- Universal port not accepted in RSA Keys List window. (Bug 8618)
- Wireshark Dissector bug with HSRP Version 2. (Bug 8622)
- LISP control packet incorrectly identified as LISP data based when UDP source port is 4341. (Bug 8627)
- Bad tcp checksum not detected. (Bug 8629)
- AMR Frame Type uses wrong Value String. (Bug 8681)
New and Updated Features:
- There are no new features in this release.
New Protocol Support:
- There are no new protocols in this release.
Updated Protocol Support:
- AMR, ASN.1 BER, BAT, Bluetooth DHT, BSSGP, DTLS, E.164, Ericsson A-bis OML, GSM A, GSM MAP, HDFSDATA, ICMP, ICMPv6, ixveriwave, IRC, KDSP, LISP Data, MMS, NFS, OpenWire, PPP, RELOAD, RTP, SASP, SIP, SSL/TLS, TCP, UA3G
New and Updated Capture File Support:
- Endace ERF, NetScreen snoop.