Screaming Frog 15.2 LATEST
macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Screaming Frog for Mac 2021 full offline installer setup for Mac
The SEO Spider app is a powerful and flexible site crawler, able to crawl both small and very large websites efficiently while allowing you to analyze the results in real-time. It gathers key onsite data to allow SEOs to make informed decisions.
What can you do with the SEO Spider Software?
Find Broken Links
Crawl a website instantly and find broken links (404s) and server errors. Bulk export the errors and source URLs to fix, or send to a developer.
Find temporary and permanent redirects, identify redirect chains and loops, or upload a list of URLs to audit in a site migration.
Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data
Analyze page titles and meta descriptions during a crawl and identify those that are too long, short, missing, or duplicated across your site.
Discover Duplicate Content
Discover exact duplicate URLs with an md5 algorithmic check, partially duplicated elements such as page titles, descriptions, or headings, and find low content pages.
Extract Data with XPath
Collect any data from the HTML of a web page using CSS Path, XPath, or regex. This might include social meta tags, additional headings, prices, SKUs, or more!
Review Robots & Directives
View URLs blocked by robots.txt, meta robots, or X-Robots-Tag directives such as ‘noindex’ or ‘nofollow’, as well as canonicals and rel=“next” and rel=“prev”.
Generate XML Sitemaps
With Screaming Frog you can quickly create XML Sitemaps and Image XML Sitemaps, with advanced configuration over URLs to include last modified, priority, and change frequency.
Integrate with Google Analytics
Connect to the Google Analytics API and fetch user data, such as sessions or bounce rate and conversions, goals, transactions, and revenue for landing pages against the crawl.
Visualise Site Architecture
Evaluate internal linking and URL structure using interactive crawl and directory force-directed diagrams and tree graph site visualizations.
Features and Highlights
- Find Broken Links, Errors & Redirects
- Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data
- Review Meta Robots & Directives
- Audit hreflang Attributes
- Discover Duplicate Pages
- Generate XML Sitemaps
- Site Visualisations
- Crawl Limit
- Crawl Configuration
- Save Crawls & Re-Upload
- Custom Source Code Search
- Custom Extraction
- Google Analytics Integration
- Search Console Integration
- Link Metrics Integration
- Custom robots.txt
- AMP Crawling & Validation
- Structured Data & Validation
- Store & View Raw & Rendered HTML
The Screaming Frog for macOS is an SEO auditing tool, built by real SEOs with thousands of users worldwide. A quick summary of some of the data collected in a crawl include:
- Errors – Client errors such as broken links & server errors (No responses, 4XX, 5XX).
- Redirects – Permanent, temporary redirects (3XX responses) & JS redirects.
- Blocked URLs – View & audit URLs disallowed by the robots.txt protocol.
- Blocked Resources – View & audit blocked resources in rendering mode.
- External Links – All external links and their status codes.
- Protocol – Whether the URLs are secure (HTTPS) or insecure (HTTP).
- URI Issues – Non ASCII characters, underscores, uppercase characters, parameters, or long URLs.
- Duplicate Pages – Hash value / MD5checksums algorithmic check for exact duplicate pages.
- Page Titles – Missing, duplicate, over 65 characters, short, pixel width truncation, same as h1, or multiple.
- Meta Description – Missing, duplicate, over 156 characters, short, pixel width truncation or multiple.
- Meta Keywords – Mainly for reference, as they are not used by Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
- File Size – Size of URLs & images.
- Response Time.
- Last-Modified Header.
- Page (Crawl) Depth.
- Word Count.
- H1 – Missing, duplicate, over 70 characters, multiple.
- H2 – Missing, duplicate, over 70 characters, multiple.
- Meta Robots – Index, noindex, follow, nofollow, noarchive, nosnippet, noodp, noydir, etc.
- Meta Refresh – Including target page and time delay.
- Canonical link element & canonical HTTP headers.
- Pagination – rel=“next” and rel=“prev”.
- Follow & Nofollow – At page and link level (true/false).
- Redirect Chains – Discover redirect chains and loops.
- hreflang Attributes – Audit missing confirmation links, inconsistent & incorrect language codes, noncanonical hreflang, and more.
- AJAX – Select to obey Google’s now deprecated AJAX Crawling Scheme.
- Inlinks – All pages linking to a URI.
- Outlinks – All pages a URI links out to.
- Anchor Text – All link text. Alt text from images with links.
- Images – All URIs with the image link & all images from a given page. Images over 100kb, missing alt text, alt text over 100 characters.
- User-Agent Switcher – Crawl as Googlebot, Bingbot, Yahoo! Slurp, mobile user-agents, or your own custom UA.
- Custom HTTP Headers – Supply any header value in a request, from Accept-Language to cookie.
- Custom Source Code Search – Find anything you want in the source code of a website! Whether that’s Google Analytics code, specific text, or code, etc.
- Custom Extraction – Scrape any data from the HTML of a URL using XPath, CSS Path selectors, or regex.
- Google Analytics Integration – Connect to the Google Analytics API and pull in user and conversion data directly during a crawl.
- Google Search Console Integration – Connect to the Google Search Analytics API and collect impression, click, and average position data against URLs.
- External Link Metrics – Pull external link metrics from Majestic, Ahrefs, and Moz APIs into a crawl to perform content audits or profile links.
- XML Sitemap Generation – Create an XML sitemap and an image sitemap using the SEO spider.
- Custom robots.txt – Download, edit and test a site’s robots.txt using the new custom robots.txt.
- Rendered Screen Shots – Fetch, view, and analyze the rendered pages crawled.
- Store & View HTML & Rendered HTML – Essential for analysing the DOM.
- AMP Crawling & Validation – Crawl AMP URLs and validate them, using the official integrated AMP Validator.
- XML Sitemap Analysis – Crawl an XML Sitemap independently or part of a crawl, to find missing, non-indexable, and orphan pages.
- Visualizations – Analyse the internal linking and URL structure of the website, using the crawl and directory tree force-directed diagrams and tree graphs.
- Structured Data & Validation – Extract & validate structured data against Schema.org specifications and Google search features.
Note: Limited to crawling a maximum of 500 URLs in demo version.
Also Available: Download Screaming Frog for Windows