What's new in this version:
One security vulnerability is addressed in this release:
- Uncontrolled search path element in pg_dump and other client applications
Fixes several bugs:
- Prevent logical replication from trying to replicate changes for unpublishable relations, such as materialized views and the "information_schema" tables
- Fix for a common table expression (WITH clause) returning correct results when being referenced in a subplan where there are concurrent-update rechecks
- Fix for an unexpected query planner error in certain cases where there are overlapping merge join clauses in an OUTER JOIN.
- Fix for potential data corruption with materialized views after running pg_upgrade. If receiving errors such as "could not access status of transaction" or "found xmin from before relfrozenxid" on materialized views, please use "REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW" without "CONCURRENTLY" to fix.
- Several fix for pg_dump, including a fix to help with the future work of cross-table statistics
- Fix for reporting a PL/Python stack trace relative to inner PL/Python functions
- Allow contrib/auto_explain to range up to INT_MAX, which is about 24 days
- Mark assorted configuration variables as PGDLLIMPORT, to ease porting extension modules to Windows Acknowledgements