macOS X 10.12 Sierra or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in .wav, .au and .aiff formats. Support of samples in the compressed FLAC files. Hydrogen for macOS is a software synthesizer that can be used alone, emulating a drum machine based on patterns, or via an external MIDI keyboard/sequencer software. Hydrogen drum machine software compiles on Linux, macOS, and Windows.
Features and Highlights
- Very user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical interface based on QT 4.
- Sample-based stereo audio engine, with import of sound samples in .wav, .au and .aiff formats.
- Support of samples in the compressed FLAC files.
- Pattern-based sequencer, with an unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain patterns into a song.
- Up to 192 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and variable pattern length.
- Unlimited instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
- Multi-layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
- Sample Editor, with basic cut and loop functions.
- Time-stretch and pitch functions via rubberband cli. Require the rubberband-cli package.
- Play-lists with scripting function.
- Advanced tab-tempo.
- Director Window with a visual metronome and song position tags.
- Time-line with variable tempo.
- Single and stacked pattern mode.
- Export/Import single patterns into song projects.
- Midi learning via Shift+MouseClick on many gui-cotrollers combined with a midi settings editor.
- Ability to import/export song files.
- Unique human velocity, human time, pitch and swing functions.
- Multiple patterns playing at once.
- JACK, ALSA, PortAudio and OSS audio drivers.
- JACK MIDI, ALSA MIDI and PortMidi input with an assignable midi-in channel (1..16, ALL).
- Import/export of drumkits.
- Export song to wav, aiff, flac or ogg file.
- Export song to midi file.
- Export song to lilypond file.
Also Available: Download Hydrogen for Windows