What's new in this version:
- Change log not available for this version
- Change log not available for this version
New FortiClient GUI:
- FortiClient (macOS) 6.0.1 introduces a new UI that improves user experience and provides a refreshed look and feel. The new navigation bar provides up-to-date status information for all features while also making them more accessible
Installed Software Inventory:
- FortiClient now sends all installed software application information to EMS so it displays under Software Inventory. This feature requires EMS 6.0.0 or later
Customize system quarantine message:
- FortiClient can now display a customized quarantine message. This feature requires EMS 6.0.0 or later
Host Check and AMD support:
- SSL VPN now supports expanded Host Check features including verification of MAC address, running application, OS version, and file checks
Web Filter behavior when FortiGuard unavailable:
- By default, FortiClient now blocks all web traffic when FortiGuard is unreachable. You can also configure FortiClient to allow web traffic when FortiGuard is unreachable using XML configuration
- Exclusions not being obeyed on FortiClient (macOS)
- 0 where is it in EMS 6.0 and Windows FortiClient 6.0
- Add option to show block message from FortiClient bubble popup for HTTPS site
- AFP access is slow when Web Filter or malicious websites is enabled
- Captive portal app shows blank page
- Misspelled XML attribute in FortiClient (macOS) 5.6.3
- Add option to not block "unrated" if FortiGuard cannot be contacted
- Support new Web Filter categories (9X) in FortiClient and EMS
- Memory leak in SSL VPN
- Unable to connect to IPsec VPN using okta two factor authentication
- SSL VPN issues using FortiClient (macOS)
- SSL VPN split tunneling does not work for DNS resolution - SSL custom DNS replaced system DNS
- FortiClient (macOS) Release Notes Fortinet Technologies Inc
Install and upgrade:
- FortiClient (macOS) update does not try to contact more than one server
- FortiClient managed by corporate EMS on Mac removes custom VPN profiles upon upgrade
- SSO-only installer for Mac
- FortiClient would not automatically start on other users on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Vulnerable application path does not show vulnerable file.
- Update AV and IPS engines and signatures to new versions
- Should update IPS engine when Application Firewall is not installed
- FSSO agent does not communicate to FortiAuthenticator
FortiClient 5.6.0 Build 703
FortiClient install option:
- FortiClient installer now only installs features required for the solution chosen by user at the time of install
Improved FortiClient compliance feature:
- FortiClient endpoint compliance is now enforced by FortiOS where administrator can either warn or block non- compliant endpoints. FortiClient dashboard will display the compliance status and reason for non-compliance. FortiClient dashboard will also include information on the configuration settings that is causing non-compliance
Vulnerability Scan feature support:
- The Vulnerability Scan and automatic-patching feature is now supported in FortiClient (Mac OS X)
User Avatar retrieval from cloud applications:
- FortiClient can now be used to retrieve username and user avatar from third-party cloud application, such as LinkedIn, Salesforce and Google
User Avatar sent to FortiAnalyzer:
- FortiClient can now send user avatar and device information to FortiAnalyzer so that it can be used in FortiView and reports
Improved remote logging to FortiAnalyzer:
- FortiClient endpoints now send detailed logs to FortiAnalyzer so that data can be used for FortiView and custom reports
- FortiClient Configurator Tool, which is used to create custom installers, will be available for download for free from Fortinet Developer Network site (http://fndn.fortinet.net/)
FortiClient 5.4.4 Build 529
- Host CPU spikes when using type-ahead feature in Eclipse Luna on Mac OS when FortiClient is registered on FortiGate
- FortiClient (Mac OS X) online installer shall download/install the latest available version
- Sending Avatar image should be enabled by default
- FortiClient crashes on Mac OS X Sierra (10.12)
- FortiClient logs alert but not action taken
- Port on FortiGate IP registration is always 8013
- Registered and compliance devices still being blocked for a brief time after recovering from sleep mode
- Unique FortiClient UIDs for registration to the EMS
- FortiClient 5.4.2 is able to unregister when Disable Unregister in EMS profile settings is turned on
FortiClient 5.4.2 Build 523
- FortiClient supports Mac OS X v10.12 Sierra
- FortiClient in standalone mode no longer includes a banner at the bottom of the console
FortiClient 5.4.1 Build 514
- FortiClient can send endpoint telemetry data to FortiGate or FortiClient Enterprise Management Server. Telemetry data can include user identity and endpoint security context, such as vulnerability, security posture, OS details, interface, IP address, and MAC address.
- FortiClient can detect unauthorized and vulnerable endpoints. It helps enforce minimum compliance criteria and only allow network access to compliant endpoints.
- If you are using FortiGate, FortiOS 5.4.1 is required.
FortiClient 5.4.0 Build 493
- Client Quarantine
- FortiSandbox Integration
- Certificate Provisioning
- Central Management using EMS
- Improved Remote Logging & Reporting
FortiClient 5.2.4 Build 377
- The OpenSSL Library has been updated to the latest version 1.0.2d.
- FortiOS 5.4 offers the FortiGate administrator the ability to quarantine an endpoint. Traffic from a quarantined endpoint will be dropped by the FortiGate, until the endpoint has been released from quarantine.
- If the endpoint is running FortiClient 5.2.4 (or newer), and registered to the FortiGate using Endpoint Control, FortiClient will notify the endpoint user that it has been quarantined by the FortiGate administrator. The FortiClient GUI will change to convey the message. The GUI will remain above any other opened window, and cannot be closed. Once released from quarantine, the FortiClient GUI will revert to normal operations.
FortiClient 5.2.3 Build 370
- The OpenSSL library has been updated to the latest version 1.0.1k.
FortiClient 5.2.2 Build 364
- The OpenSSL library has been updated to the latest version 1.0.1j.
- FortiClient v5.2.2 supports Mac OS X v10.10 Yosemite.