DropDMG 3.5.5 LATEST
Mac OS X 10.7 or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
DropDMG for Mac 2018 full offline installer setup for Mac
DropDMG for Mac is the easiest way to create OS X disk images, which pack entire folders or disks into a single compressed file, either for transport across the Internet or simply for backup. They are Apple's preferred format for distributing Mac software. Disk images are also the only archive format whose contents you can directly access in the Finder. Just drag-and-drop a folder or file, and you're done. Or, you can drag an existing disk image or archive onto DropDMG to convert it to any of the other supported formats or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG for Mac supports advanced options such as signed, encrypted, and segmented disk images; WYSIWYG layout with background pictures and custom volume icons; and rich-text license agreements in multiple languages. There are many time-saving features, and it can also be automated via AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
- Just drag and drop a file or folder, and DropDMG automatically figures out what to do: create a disk image, convert to another format, join files, etc.
- Deliver your Mac application with a signed .dmg file, a localized software license agreement, a Retina-optimized background picture and precise icon layout with a link to the Applications folder, and a custom volume icon.
- Assign a password and create mini vaults, encrypted disk images that are more flexible than FileVault and secure your files with AES encryption on your choice of HFS+ or APFS file system. Compact sparse disk images to reclaim unused space.
- Supports all the major formats, including compressed .dmg files (smaller than Disk Utility’s), the new LZFSE format, .sparsebundle files, .zip and .tar.gz archives, and hybrid disk images.
- Make backups and archives, encrypt them for safe off-site storage, and verify them to ensure that the media is still intact and that you’ll be able to restore them if needed.
- Quickly burn files, folders, or disk images to CD, DVD, or Blu-ray. Burn OS X installer DVDs. Multi-session support lets you add files to an existing CD.
- Create a device image clone of an entire hard drive, optimized for restoring using Apple Software Restore or Disk Utility.
- Optimized for multi-core processors and runs multiple operations simultaneously, so you can keep working while DropDMG processes in the background.
Note: 30 days trial version or 6 launches beyond those days.