What's new in this version:
- Change log not available for this version
- 64-Bit: Today's large disks can have large directories. Using the latest 64-bit technology allows DiskWarrior 5 to handle even the largest disks.
- Ships on a bootable flash drive to repair your startup disk
- Flash drives start up much faster than DVDs and can be updated as needed.
- Includes the new DiskWarrior Recovery Maker: New Macs have new OS X startup requirements. DiskWarrior Recovery Maker updates your DiskWarrior Recovery flash drive with the latest OS X.
- Runs from OS X Recovery (Recovery HD): In an emergency, you no longer need a separate startup disk to run DiskWarrior on your startup disk unless your startup disk has partition table damage.
- Repairs partition table damage: Sometimes the damage is to the map that describes all your drive's partitions which makes all your partitions unavailable. DiskWarrior 5 can repair standard Mac GUID partition tables when started from the DiskWarrior Recovery flash drive.
- New architecture: Updated to use the newest OS X technologies while still supporting older PowerPC and Intel Macs that can no longer run the latest OS X.
- Significantly faster: For many disks, directory rebuilding is twice as fast as the previous version.
- Recovers more data from drives with hardware malfunctions: Recover your important files from most failing drives, possibly saving you thousands of dollars in professional recovery costs.
- Detects and repairs more disk problems than ever: The best is even better.
- New Directory Optimization Index: You can tell how efficient your directories are at a glance.
- Repairs Time Machine backup disks: Drives containing Time Machine back ups can have enormous directories that were often too large for DiskWarrior 4. The 64-bit memory addressing of DiskWarrior 5 allows these drives to be repaired or recovered
- This release features ongoing internal enhancements for speed and improved repair
- Features ongoing internal enhancements for speed and improved repair
- Compatibility with with Mac OS X version 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Numerous internal changes for speed and improved repair
- Uses your original 4.0-4.1 CD to create a new startup CD containing DiskWarrior 4 version 4.1.1, which adds Leopard compatibility. The new CD will only start up the same Mac models as the original CD. The included Read Me lists details and requirements.