What's new in this version:
HEY! HEY! OVERLAY!:
- We’ve overhauled our Overlay tech! It’s more robust than a beaver on a Tuesday (it will work more consistently for more games). The icon will also now fade away after a short time so we don’t disrupt your game space
- Invite embeds received glamorification. They’re gorgeous and more informative
- Profile popouts are now themed. Our UX/UI team was having a spa day apparently
- The Discord system tray just came out of the hyperbolic time chamber. It’s context menu now has shortcuts to quickly mute, deafen, and open voice/video settings
- FURTHERMORE, the system tray icon will now change based on whether you’re talking, muted, deafened, or idling. This was requested on our feedback site
- Added option to make Discord scared of you and hide minimized on startup. This was also requested by you guys!
- The app icon in the taskbar now proudly displays unread messages as a badge
- Annoyed by unread messages displayed as a badge? There’s new notification options to toggle the unread indicator on the app taskbar
- You can now have Discord close when you click dat X button. Another request from you guys!
These bugs are dead:
- Changing your input device will now properly change your input device, 100% of the time, because we decided the 80% RNG was providing a poor experience
- Discord now respects your PC’s default device. Change your default device? Discord changes too. Follow the leader!
- TTS now says roles and nicknames correctly
- We’ve tucked away a few discriminators that were still showing during streamer mode
- Font scaling now properly scales code blocks. Block scaling initiated
- Emoji picker didn’t want to be picked in DMs. We employed some conflict resolution tactics, and you can now properly send emoji again
- Do Not Disturb now actually doesn’t disturb you with friend requests and suggestions
- CTRL+SHIFT+T hotkey should no longer crash the app lol that’s a good fix, thanks engineers 10/10
- Category notification settings now properly apply directly to the forehead
- Our search feature now understands that two channels can have the same name