Mac OS X
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Even though IRC chat clients are mostly trying to emulate the look and feel of mIRC, one of the most popular chat clients in the modern history of the internet, developers of Colloquy for Mac have decided to spice things up. Their interface is much more colorful, and listing of servers, rooms and people are listed on the bard on the left side on the screen, with chat room taking majority space in the right of it. Dashboard features much more colors that average IRC client, with easy access to tools for changing visual Style of the app, Emoticons, Encoding, and management of marked text on the top of the app. Their users can also find search engine that will easily locate anything in the current chat stream.
With all of those features and good integration with NickServ servers, your IRC experience will definitely become better if you immediately start using Colloquy.
Features and Highlights
- AppleScript - A powerful dictionary for easy scripting.
- IRC, SILC & ICB Compatibility - The result of years of chat experience.
- Plug-In Love - Unlimited extensibility through Plug-Ins.
- Styled For You - Pick the look for your conversations.
- Colors of the World - Fully compatible with mIRC colors.
- Open Minded - Open source, like it should be.
- Unintrusive Interface - Sleek multi- or single-window modes.
- File Transfer Medly - Full DCC transfer support with resume.
- They're Your Buddies - A buddy list for your IRC friends.
- Express Yourself - Use the emotions that speak for you.
- Multiplicity - The freedom to chat on multiple servers.
- Much, Much More! - Just a better experience all-around.