What's new in this version:
- Notifications in the macOS notification center are now clickable and will reveal the processed items in Finder
- When opening an archive, BetterZip now lists all paths of the archive in the transcript window to give you a textual file listing which can be copied to the clipboard.
- Dragging a folder with a numeric path extension into a window’s drop area led to a false error message
- Recursive extraction of all archives in folders was not working correctly
- BetterZip now allows extraction of folders in its submenu in Finder’s contextual menu
- Suppress an error message when an archive has multiple entries for one item
- Don’t only quarantine apps, but all executables
- The lock icon in the statusbar wasn’t shown for encrypted zip files
- The BetterZip Finder extension would interfere with Dropbox's and OneDrive's extension and the sync icons would disappear. I fixed a small bug in BetterZip's extension, but I am not really sure that this was connected to the problem. I was able to reproduce this behavior only rarely after having my Mac run for a long time (weeks) without restarting which makes it hard to pin down. Since the problem also occurs with other extensions, my suspicion is that it's rooted in the extension system itself. I will keep investigating this. If your sync icons continue to disappear with BetterZip 5.0.3, please disable the BetterZip extension for the time being, and if you have any hints, please do let me know.