What's new in this version:
Easy configuration reset:
- A new command has been added to the Tools menu: Tools > Reset Configuration.
- This resets your Audacity configuration, preferences, export settings and toolbars, to default settings.
- This command acts immediately with no dialog and no choice of actions or chance to abort.
- Undo is not available for this command.
- User presets in Effects, Generators and Analyzers are left untouched, as are any Macros you may have created and plug-ins.
- Please see Reset Configuration for further details.
- MP3 exports and imports without padding
- Audacity now supports LAME's gapless playback info, allowing MP3s to be exported and imported without additional padding.
- Other applications that support the LAME tag, for example audio player applications, will be able to read MP3 files exported by Audacity without the padding.
- In less than a month we have fixed a further 41 bugs in this maintenance release
- Here is a small selection of some of the most important
Key P1 bugs fixed:
- Windows: Crash when importing (or editing) to a disk with insufficient disk space available
- Mac: Attempting to export as M4A(AAC) yields an FFmpeg error message
- Windows: WAV Export runs 6 to 7 times slower than on 2.3.3
- Macros with Nyquist effects don't apply saved parameters
- Mix Stereo down to Mono fails if space at start of track.
- Windows: with an empty rules list in "Extended Import" prefs - Tab or Home crashes Audacity
- Mac: AudioUnit effects are not applied if you initially use the preview
- Win/Linux: OPUS import fails
Key P2 bugs fixed:
- Undocking meter toolbars while playing/recording results in a frozen meter
- A region label gets split on inserting audio when Sync-lock is turned on
- Time toolbar displays incorrect time if project rate isn't 44100
- Time toolbar: Opening and closing preferences resets format to hh:mm:ss
- Nyquist Effects do not display a Progress Dialog if run from a Macro.
- Real-time effects - Enable checkbox has no effect
- Mix and Render to New Track selects left channel of new stereo track
- Mac/Linux: Old (PowerPC) projects open flat-lined or with corrupted display on Intel machines
- audacity 2.3.3 config with Spectral Selection toolbar corrupts lower dock in 2.4.x and can crash
- Possible crash when clearing text field in Gain dialog