What's new in this version:
Apple Numbers 12.2.1
- bug fixes and improvements
Apple Numbers 12.2
- An all-new activity view shows recent changes in collaborative spreadsheets, including when people join, comment, and make edits
- Get notifications when others join or make changes in your shared spreadsheets
- Share a spreadsheet in Messages to instantly start collaborating with your team and see updates right in the Messages conversation (Requires macOS 13)
- Send a message or start a FaceTime call right from a collaborative spreadsheet (Requires macOS 13)
- Now use the File menu to manage your shared spreadsheet or send a copy
- Compare values and combine text with new functions, including BITAND, BITOR, BITXOR, BITLSHIFT, BITRSHIFT, ISOWEEKNUM, CONCAT, TEXTJOIN, and SWITCH.
- A new option lets you automatically remove an image’s background to isolate its subject (Requires macOS 13)
Apple Numbers 12.1
- Improved performance when inserting rows and columns in large tables
Apple Numbers 12.0
- Copy a snapshot of table cells without formulas, categories, or hidden values
- Use Shortcuts on macOS Monterey to create or open spreadsheets and add rows to a table
- Create formulas and quickly fill cells with autofill using VoiceOver
Apple Numbers 11.2
- Pivot tables provide a powerful and flexible way to view and analyze data
- Create beautifully formatted pivot tables in just a few clicks
- Quickly summarize, group, and rearrange data to explore patterns and trends
- Instantly show data by sum, average, count, or display percentage and running total values
- Add pivot charts to see your data in different ways
- Import and export Excel spreadsheets with pivot tables
- Radar charts help you visually compare multiple variables at once to easily show similarities and differences in your data
- Enhanced quick filters help you easily select values to show or hide, and improved filters find duplicate entries and unique values in your data
- Flexible collaboration allows participants to add others to a shared spreadsheet*
- Instant translation lets you translate selected text in up to 11 languages and add the translation to your spreadsheet with a click*
- Create new spreadsheets from the app icon in the Dock
* Requires macOS Monterey
Apple Numbers 11.1
- Link to web pages, email addresses, and phone numbers from objects such as shapes, lines, images, drawings, or text boxes
Apple Numbers 11.0
- Updated media browser offers enhanced search options and new content categories such as Recents, Portraits and Live Photos
- Ability to add phone number links to table cells, text objects, and shapes
- AppleScript functionality to change a spreadsheet password or open password-protected spreadsheets
Apple Numbers 10.3.9
- This update contains stability and performance improvements
Apple Numbers 10.3.5
- Refined new design on macOS Big Sur
- Stability and performance improvements
Apple Numbers 10.2
- Improved performance when working with large tables
- Enhance your spreadsheets with a variety of new, editable shapes
Apple Numbers 10.1
- Play YouTube and Vimeo videos right in your spreadsheets (may not be available in all regions)
- Easily add captions and titles to images, videos, shapes, and other objects
- New functions, including XLOOKUP, XMATCH, and REGEX, let you match patterns, manipulate text, and create flexible formulas
Apple Numbers 10.0
- Create spreadsheets with more rows and columns than ever before.
- Apply a color to the background of a sheet.
- Add a Numbers spreadsheet to a shared iCloud Drive folder to automatically start collaborating. Requires macOS 10.15.4.
- Edit shared spreadsheets while offline and your changes will upload when you’re back online.
- Easily access your recently used templates in a redesigned template chooser.
- Print or export a PDF of your spreadsheet with comments included.
- Add a drop cap to text in a shape.
- Enhance your spreadsheets with a variety of new, editable shapes.
Apple Numbers 6.2.1
- This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Apple Numbers 6.2
- Improved performance when working with large tables.
- Easily add HEVC-formatted movies to spreadsheets, enabling reduced file size while preserving visual quality.
- Add accessibility descriptions to audio, video, and drawings.
- Improved accessibility of exported PDFs.
Apple Numbers 6.1
- Greatly improved accuracy using the enhanced 128-bit calculation engine.
- Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
- Create links from text to other sheets in a spreadsheet.
- Place images, shapes, and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
- Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
- Improved performance while editing and sorting tables.
- Add rows to filtered tables.
Apple Numbers 6.0
- Performance and usability improvements to Smart Categories.
- Save custom shapes and templates that automatically sync to all your devices using iCloud.
- Improved performance while collaborating on spreadsheets.
- Edit grouped objects while collaborating.
- Enhancements to Excel and comma separated value file import.
- Support for vertical text in shapes and text boxes in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages.