What's new in this version:
Evernote for Mac 6.12.3 Build 455520
- Fixed crash and sync issues some users are encountering
Evernote for Mac 6.12.2 Build 455489
- Fixed: a fix where text when copied from Evernote and pasted into another app sometimes has additional punctuation and other characters added to it
Evernote for Mac 6.12.1 Build 455453
- A fix for a crash some users are encountering on quitting the app
Evernote for Mac 6.12 Build 455415
- Add more rows and columns with a single click: Point to where you want a new column and click the plus button that appears.
- Select the contents of a cell by clicking and dragging.
- Choose the entire column or row just by clicking the header.
- Drag and drop entire rows & columns.
- Copy and paste multiple cells: Select the cells you want to move, copy them, move cursor to a new spot and paste all the cells with one click.
- Adjust the width of one column without affecting the width of the column next to it.
- Scroll horizontally to view a table with many columns without expanding your window.
- Hover within a cell to activate advanced table options:
- You can distribute columns evenly
- Match the table width to the width of your window
- Change the alignment of items within cells
- Add and change background colors
- Keep your Evernote content organized using tabs. Create a new tab by selecting the 'New Tab' option under the File menu.
- Pick up from where you left off - if you exit the app and re-open it, you'll return to your previously opened windows / state.
SEPARATION OF BUSINESS AND PERSONAL:
- No longer intermingle your business and personal content in your Evernote experience but still multi-task when you need to. Improving on 6.11 Beta 1 & 2, we've added support for having business and personal notes open side-by-side.
- Evernote does not update business tags list after the sync
- Pasting a large amount of text into a note fails with no error message
- An intermittent crash on account switching
Evernote for Mac 6.11.1 Build 455059
- Some notes created in Evernote for Mac would not render after sync
- Some tables lost formatting after updating Evernote to 6.11
- Pasting a line of text would add an additional line break
- Some full width dividers from other clients were not shown as full width
- Some pasted content were missing styles
- Various note editor issues were fixed
Evernote for Mac 6.11 Build 454874
- Touch Bar support for the latest MacBook Pros allows quick access to key navigation and note editing commands
- Search terms weren’t highlighted in notes for some searches
- Clicking on an attachment sometimes caused the note to scroll up, making it hard to open attachments
- Shift + arrow up or down did not highlight if the line above or below was blank
- Shift + enter did not create a non-bulleted line in a bulleted list
- Couldn’t delete the leftmost column in a table if the top cell is formatted
- Line breaks were unexpectedly removed after syncing some notes originally created on iPhone
- Content copied from a PDF sometimes could not be pasted into a note
- Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns
- If the last item in a list was blank, it disappeared when users navigated away and then back to the note
- Couldn’t remove indents from text in some notes created in earlier versions of Evernote
- In tables, if you triple clicked to select the content and then cut, you would be unable to focus on the cell
- If you added a new checklist item in the middle of an existing checklist, one character of a checklist item might be unexpectedly deleted
Evernote for Mac 6.10 Build 454267
- New: Important under the hood changes to the note editing experience lay the groundwork for even more improvements in the future
- Fixed: Select functionality and crash issues
Evernote for Mac 6.9.2 Build 454158
- Various bug and stability fixes
Evernote for Mac 6.9.1 Build 454120
- New: Various new features
- Fixed: Various bug and stability fixes
Evernote for Mac 6.9 Build 453991
- Evernote will launch automatically when your computer starts. You can change this in Preferences
- Search for Google Drive documents by title
- The note title and share bar will stay visible at the top of the page when you scroll through a note
- Open a note link in a separate window from the note you are viewing by choosing this option when you right click the link
- Premium document search now lets you search within attached text files. Supported file types include .txt, .html, .java and .log
- You can edit keyboard shortcuts in Preferences
- Hidden items in your left sidebar like shortcuts and recents will now stay hidden when you relaunch Evernote
- Tags you add or remove from a note will now sync across your devices
- Various crash and data sync issues were fixed
Evernote for Mac 6.8 Build 453748
- Google Drive integration! Now you can add docs, slides, sheets, and files from Google Drive as attachments or descriptive links without leaving Evernote. Links are formatted as clickable objects when you attach Google Drive files, making them easy to find in a note.
- Evernote Business users, connect your Salesforce account and save Evernote business card notes directly to Salesforce as Leads or Contacts via the Share menu!
- A new notebook sharing experience makes it easier to share a notebook and manage permissions.
- Find your deleted notes more easily via the trash icon in the sidebar.
- A bug preventing people from connecting an Evernote account with a LinkedIn account is now fixed. Connect your accounts, and business card notes you create with the ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner will automatically include your contact’s LinkedIn profile info and photo.
- A bug preventing people from changing a notebook name from uppercase to lowercase and vice versa is fixed.
- A bug in Evernote Helper that made text show up as partially cut off is fixed.
- A bug that sometimes caused screenshots captured via Evernote Helper to include the Helper menu is fixed.
- Spotlight integration is improved.
- We've made ongoing improvements to stability and sync performance.
Evernote for Mac 6.7.1 Build 453574
- Fixed various bugs that affect users on OS X 10.10.x.
Evernote for Mac 6.7 Build 453545
- “⌘J”, which allows you to switch effortlessly between your notes and notebooks, now also works for tags!
- Also improved is the switcher’s matching algorithm, which now recognizes possible misspelled searches.
- Fixed several issues that were causing crashes.
- Made improvements to sync performance.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from being able to accurately crop high-DPI images.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain PDFs to display improperly after being annotated.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally rendered links as plain text.
- Enhanced the accuracy of business card scans via ScanSnap Evernote Edition scanners. Users can further improve the accuracy of their business card scans by adjusting their scanner settings. Learn more here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/208431558
- Fixed an issue with “copy note link” functionality that sometimes prevented users from opening the links.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented business tags from displaying.
Evernote for Mac 6.6.1 Build 453372
- Fixed an issue that was sometimes preventing the Evernote Helper from auto-launching on OS X Mavericks (version 10.9).
- Fixed an issue that was causing the switcher input field to only partially display the search text when users inputted Japanese text.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some users from seeing the new switcher feature.
- Fixed an issue so that users can once again enter presentation mode after multi-selecting notes.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some users from upgrading to Plus or Premium accounts through the Mac App Store.
- Fixed several issues that were causing crashes.
Evernote for Mac 6.6 Build 453293
- Effortlessly switch between notes. Introducing a new navigation/search feature that lets you switch between notes and notebooks with the tap of a quick key. Just hit “⌘J” to give it a try. (The previous notebook selector is still available with a new shortcut: “⌘⌥J”.)
- Zoom is here! Now you can use “⌘+” and “⌘-” or pinch gestures on the trackpad to zoom in and out of a note. Two of our developers responded to the call of this long-standing user request and knocked it out in our first ever Hack Week. Enjoy!
- You can now easily duplicate a note from the “Note” menu.
- Manage tags from the note view. Right-click a tag in the note editor to bring up a menu that lets you filter your notes by the tag, remove the tag from the note, or delete the tag from all notes.
- We redesigned the audio recorder for easy, intuitive recording and playback (OS X 10.10+).
- For a long time the left side nav used to just highlight the “Notes” tab regardless of what you had selected. We know. Now it highlights your current selection.
- Fixed an issue where local file system URI’s in the source field of a note would open up without notifying you.
- Fixed several issues that were causing crashes.
- Ongoing improvements to stability and sync performance.
Evernote for Mac 6.5 Build 453172
- [new] Changed the key command for increasing or decreasing font size. To increase, hit “⌘>” and to decrease, hit “⌘ Software Update -> Enable zoom.
- [new] Code Block - This feature basically takes any selected text and converts it to a monospaced font and creates a gray background around the line of text. This also has a few bugs. It’s not recommended to turn this feature on if you’re an Android user because editing the note on Android will undo the code block. This works fine if you’re using the Common Editor beta version of Android, but will break using the standard Android app. To try it out, go to Preferences -> Software Update -> Enable code block.
Evernote for Mac 6.4 Build 452969
- [new] Start discussions in the Work Chat view with a New Chat button.
- [new] Improved search behavior:
- [new] When you clear a search you will be returned to your previous note or view.
- [new] Search highlighting now highlights only words that start with the search phrase.
- [fix] When you restart Evernote, there was an issue that it sometimes didn't remember the last note you were on. Now it does.
- [fix] Improved overall stability.
Evernote for Mac 6.3 Build 452832
- [new] Some people were unwittingly deleting notes by hitting ⌫. Totally our fault for not putting a safety on the deleter. So we changed the key command to ⌘⌫, which is much harder to do on accident (and is equivalent to Finder’s shortcut key).
- [new]We also added a preference to disable auto-formatting of bulleted lists and emojis, for those who want a little more control.
- [fix] Fixed an issue where font information was lost when copying from Evernote.
- [fix] Fixed an issue where URLs for web-clipped notes wouldn't appear.
- [fix] Improved tag auto-complete menu performance.
- [fix] Improved El Capitan visual and stability performance.