What's new in this version:
Pop-out Video more complete:
- Browsing habits and workflows of users vary, massively. And based on that, we strive to give you more different ways to browse with Vivaldi’s wide range of features.
- Making every aspect of the browser useful is part of Vivaldi’s philosophy. Very recently, we transformed Vivaldi’s basic note-taking implementation into a full-blown Notes Manager.
- And Pop-out Video is no different.
- Vivaldi’s much-loved Pop-out Video has come a long way since it was first launched, hidden behind menus and extra clicks.
- Pop-out Video allows you to watch HTML5 videos in a separate, movable & resizable floating window while you carry on browsing in other tabs. Catching a match while getting on with work has never been this easy.
- Over time, we’ve added more functionality to Pop-out Video – thanks to your constant feedback it’s now more discoverable and straightforward to use.
- This latest version of Vivaldi gives you greater control over how you watch video content with any video provider, e.g. YouTube, Netflix, Twitch, and more.
- Pop videos out easily: A single click on a small video box icon displayed in the center of the video will launch it in a separate movable, resizable, floating window.
- If you wish to focus on another task, this feature can be disabled in the Settings under Webpages.
- Mute and unmute: In the new version, a critical piece of the puzzle is added – the mute button.
- This makes Vivaldi one of a few Chromium browsers to offer a user-friendly implementation of this functionality – users can mute and unmute with just one click while watching videos in picture-in-picture mode.
- The mute button is a welcome addition in the current scenario of “work from home” or “stay at home”. It comes in handy if users suddenly need to jump into an online meeting, take a phone call, or deal with other interruptions.
- Video controls: There’s a slider to seek specific positions in the video all from directly within the pop-out, with play & pause, and a “back to the tab” buttons to watch Pop-out Videos more intuitively.
- Watching a video that’s part of a playlist shows forward and back buttons and allows users to skip tracks or go back to something that caught their fancy.
- Control sound in a Pop-out through Tabs and Quick Commands: Users already have powerful control of sound behavior in the Vivaldi browser through Quick Commands or Mute Tab Audio in Settings where they can turn off the sound when necessary.
- Even though the sound can be turned off/on in the Pop-out Video directly, a simple right-click on the tab of the video in which it is playing is another convenient option to mute/unmute.
- Stay ahead and multitask by using any of the above functionalities to mute/unmute Pop-out Videos depending on your workflow and the features that you prefer to use in Vivaldi.
- [Pop-out video] Add mute button to PiP window
- [Tabs] Option to change Close Tab button positio
- [macOS] Use different installation profiles and directories for snapshots and finals
- Problem with POST search requests when selected from drop-down
- [Search field] Does not remember custom size
- [URL field] Search keyword should be percent-encoded (URL encoded) in the query
- Always have a default name for folders
- Duplicated bundled bookmarks
- Enable automatic upgrading
- [Settings] Menu items reverse when moving to/out of the folder
- [Settings] Rename Reset Menu to Restore Default Menu
- Horizontal menu doesn’t respond to accelerator keys after being focused
-[Crash] When closing undocked window
- Extension without icon shows as blank in the toolbar
- Icons of current window replicated in background windows
- Support Alt+F4 to close Task manager
- Rename ‘Remove screenshot’ to ‘Remove attachment’
- Users can type text while the folder is selected
- [Quick Commands] Add Notes Manager to Quick Commands
- Add “Write your first note”
- Capturing Notes Manager gives an invalid address
- Formatting can cause the removal of text
- Support indented lists in Markdown mode
- Turning a selection to a list, erases selection in text view
- [Menus] Add to Tools menu
- [Panels] Middle click notes button doesn’t open manager in a tab
- Cast incorrectly shown in the context menu
-[macOS][Linux] Slider on PiP window is unclickable
- Window is blank when opened from the private window
- [Blocker] Add a fetching state to list
- [Keyboard] Reserved shortcuts can be duplicated
- [Mouse gestures] Add “already assigned to “X” command” instead of “already exists”
- [Themes] Highlight gets cut off upon adjusting corner rounding on a theme
- Can not open focused link in a new tab
- [URL field] focus overrides address field input
- Option Open settings in a tab should sync
- StartPage background color should not sync
- Sync error: Persisted access token data not found (400)
- stays in “Upload: In progress…” for some users
- Close button disappearing from tabs
- Each tab resizes separately when it gets activated
- Audio icon doesn’t update after a theme change
- Button badge foreground color should be calculated to avoid unreadable situations
- Softer curves for collapse/expand arrows
- Can’t input addresses in autofill
- Discord can have two video notifications
- Overlay status info covers tab bar on side
- [Webpage] Tweak link text selection so it does not select as easily and add a setting to disable
- [Window Management] Unable to DnD (drag & drop) tabs between two private windows
- [macOS Catalina] Double click on the application title bar does not maximize
- [Crash] Loading a page that asks for clipboard access when run with –app parameter
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 84.0.4147.108