What's new in this version:
- Updated Firefox Login Manager to allow HTTPS pages to use saved HTTP logins. It’s one more way Firefox is supporting Let’s Encrypt and helping users transition to a more secure web.
- Added features to Reader Mode that make it easier on the eyes and the ears
- Controls that allow users to adjust the width and line spacing of text
- Narrate, which reads the content of a page out loud
- Improved video performance for users on systems that support SSSE3 without hardware acceleration
- Added context menu controls to HTML5 audio and video that let users loops files or play files at 1.25x speed
- Improvements in about:memory reports for tracking font memory usage
- Improve performance on Windows systems without hardware acceleration
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from updating Firefox for Mac unless they originally installed Firefox. Now, those users as well as any user with administrative credentials can update Firefox.
- Various security fixes
- Ended Firefox for Mac support for OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.
- Ended Firefox for Windows support for SSE processors
- Removed Firefox Hello
- Re-enabled the default for Graphite2 font shaping
- Added a Cause column to the Network Monitor to show what caused each network request
- Introduced web speech synthesis API