What's new in this version:
Fixes and Enhancements
- Incrementing the version number of the CrashPlan app from version 3.7.0 to 4.2.0 to unify with the Code42 cloud version.
- OS X: Changing the username or email on the Settings > Account screen no longer requires changing the first or last name in order to save.
- Better handling of individual files selected for backup with large amounts of metadata (over 1 MB per file).
- Fixed issue with version 3.7.0 of the CrashPlan app that prevented adding multiple filename exclusions at one time.
- Improved labels for CrashPlan archive encryption key security options on Settings > Security screen.
Changes to Friend Destination Restore
- The recommended steps for restoring a large number of files from a Friend destination, formerly known as Guest Restore, have changed. Specifically, the Guest Restore button has been removed from the CrashPlan app. The Guest Restore button previously allowed you to restore files via your friend's CrashPlan account when physically situated at your friend's computer.
- To recover a large quantity of files from a friend destination, you can copy the backup archive directly from your friend's computer to a portable storage device. Then, follow the steps in Restoring Files From A Friend's Computer to attach the archive to your computer and restore files. For large restore tasks, this method is faster than restoring from your friend over the Internet.
- Files backed up to Friend destinations can still be restored from the Restore tab of the CrashPlan app installed on your computer. This method is recommended for small to medium restore tasks.
- There is a known issue in which a computer using version 4.2 of the CrashPlan app that is backing up to a computer using an earlier version of the CrashPlan app will continuously synchronize with the destination until both computers are using version 4.2. Upgrades to computers using computer-to-computer backup will be coordinated to minimize disruption as much as possible. The issue will automatically resolve once both computers upgrade. However, if you experience this issue and would like to resolve it manually, follow the steps in our troubleshooting article.