What's new in this version:
- Shaped dither was corrupted and too loud on all stereo exports except FLAC.
- Keyboard Preferences: some Edit and Align commands for different sub-menus showed the same name.
- Recordings stopped with "Stop and Set Cursor" shortcut could not be undone.
- In locales that use comma for decimal separator:
-> Text boxes with slider in Nyquist effects only produced whole numbers when using comma to enter a fractional number. Text boxes without slider still have this problem.
-> Built-in generators produced silence after running a Nyquist effect.
- Frequent crashes occurred on importing audio files on some machines.
- Files did not open using Finder "Open with", double-clicking the file or dragging the file to the Audacity icon.
Changes and Improvements:
- Tracks Menu:
-> The separate commands that aligned track start or end with the cursor or with selection start are combined into "Cursor/Selection Start" commands.
-> "Align and Move Cursor" renamed to "Move Selection when Aligning".
- Label Tracks:
-> Labels Editor now allows empty labels to be saved on closing the editor.
-> TabB and Shift+Tab when the label track has focus now always move forwards or backwards respectively to the nearest label.
- Audio Unit plug-ins detected by Audacity on launch are now not loaded until chosen from the Effect menu. This should speed up launch and avoid crashes at launch due to misbehaving Audio Units.