Node.js 21.4.0 LATEST
macOS 10.12 Sierra or later
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
This is in contrast to today's more common concurrency model where OS threads are employed. Thread-based networking is relatively inefficient and very difficult to use. Furthermore, users of Nodejs are free from worries of dead-locking the process, since there are no locks. Almost no function in the app directly performs I/O, so the process never blocks. Because nothing blocks, scalable systems are very reasonable to develop in Node.
HTTP is a first-class citizen in Nodejs, designed with streaming and low latency in mind. This makes Node js well suited for the foundation of a web library or framework.
Just because Nodejs is designed without threads, doesn't mean you cannot take advantage of multiple cores in your environment. Child processes can be spawned by using child_process.fork() API, and are designed to be easy to communicate with. Built upon that same interface is the cluster module, which allows you to share sockets between processes to enable load balancing over your cores.
Also Available: Download Node.js for Windows
Node.js 21.4.0 Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 105.0 Build 4970.34
- MalwarebytesMalwarebytes 4.21.9
- iTop VPNiTop VPN 2.9.5 - Fast, Safe & Secure
- MacKeeperMacKeeper 6.3.1
- Total AVTotal AV - Antivirus Pro 2023
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals
- ParallelsParallels Desktop 19.1
- TradingViewTradingView - Track All Markets
- CleanMyMacCleanMyMac X 4.14.5
- FilmoraWondershare Filmora 12.4.3