What's new in this version:
Easily share links to files in the cloud
- WinZip Mac 5 automatically generates a link when you upload your zip file to a cloud service. The link is placed in your clipboard so you can easily paste it into other apps, such as Skype, for quick sharing.
Apply to all files in your Zip
- Resize images in a Zip file without having to manually unzip and then zip them back up.
- Resize images any time you create a Zip file, not just when emailing.
More resize options
- Choose from two additional options for resizing images: X-Large (1920 x 1536) and XX-Large (2880 x 2304).
- Easily access frequently used features, including encryption, image resizing, link sharing and zip actions, on this new context-sensitive pane. Show or hide the Actions pane as needed with the new toolbar button.
Quick Action button
- Use this menu on the Zip pane selection bar for fast access to many actions, including Unzip, Rename, Delete, Get Info and Quick Look.
Preserve the View type
- During the Save process, WinZip Mac now saves the currently selected view type before saving the Zip file and then restores the view type when it re-opens the Zip file. This prevents the view type from changing during a Save if the current type does not match the default type.
.app file display
- To simplify unzipping .app files in a Zip, they are now displayed as a file in the view instead of as a folder.
Default Save\Last Access Locations
- A "New file location" default is used when saving a new Zip file. There is also a last accessed location to use as the default when requesting a location that is "from this Mac" or "to this Mac". And there is a last accessed location used as the default when requesting a location that is "from the iCloud Drive" or "to iCloud Drive".
- Additional encrypted files are added to a Zip of encrypted files using the same password, rather than requesting an additional password. Password re-use is available for the length of that Zip session.
Check your password
- Select the new “Show Password” checkbox to view your password and ensure it is entered correctly.
Apply to all files in the Zip
- Encrypt files in an existing Zip without having to manually unzip them and then zip them back up with encryption enabled.